Main Menu

WiW '71 Challenger N-code GA4

Started by ec_co, September 29, 2017, 06:53:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

I've seen probably a dozen A78 cars & they have all had the code on the tag...

ec_co

Quote from: RzeroB on October 13, 2017, 12:59:22 PM
Love GA4 ... it's almost chameleon like in how it sometimes looks gray and other times looks blue.

What's with the right front corner of the car "drooping" down so low?? Torsion bar backed off or removed?? Just as long as the torsion bar socket in the crossmember isn't somehow dorked up, it looks pretty decent.

front tires flat + torsions need to be set right. the cross member is solid. I'll get more pics this weekend + video when I can get it jacked up to get some good shots of the belly
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

ec_co

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 13, 2017, 02:23:07 PM
I've seen probably a dozen A78 cars & they have all had the code on the tag...

I have no doubts, I 100% trust my peeps here that it is a standard Challenger. but IMO that makes it a better project to finish quickly since the new owner won't have to play the 'find the SE parts' game (which I understand can be a nightmare). but that also brings up a good point for the buyer - the vinyl is already in place over the SE rear window ...... so that would need to be corrected. From what it looks like to me, it needs @ $15k to finish - complete interior (needs new dash pad, restored cluster/dash frame, probable recover of the seats, headliner, etc), engine bay (wiring/hoses), suspension (8.75 rear is done, but unsure of the rest - shocks/tie rods/BJs/etc). the engine, tranny and rear were rebuilt 10 years ago and never ran.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

1 Wild R/T

If your crafty you can cut the top back close to the size of the window, extract the plug & glue the top down into the edge of the channel... then add trim clips & go from there...

ec_co

good news, the 383 #s match .... but the 727 tranny does not. uploading the video to youtube now and will link it all together once they finish (taking forever ....). torsion cross member is rock solid, floors front/rear/trunk are all original, never replaced and rock solid. he said it was media blasted and was a pretty rock solid CO car, only had to patch a small area on one of the quarters (welded, not bondo'd). seems to be a posi rear with 3.55 gears