Main Menu

Air shocks

Started by dave73, October 15, 2017, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

How do air shocks ride when they are inflated at the minimum psi (Monroe at 25 psi for example)?

My current rear shocks are some cheap
off brand set that have been on there since the 80s. I have hotchkis rear leafs, I like the ride quality but I miss the look of my espo +1.5 springs. I'd love to be able to jack up the rear every once and awhile. I know a cake and eat it too scenario so I'm curious.

I know air shocks have their issues but I'm only looking to inflate them to raise the rear when I feel like it.

dave73

Heh thought so but figured I'd ask

Brads70

I agree take as pass on them. The shock mounts were never designed to support the weight of the car. I'd say you can't have your cake and eat it too, either replace the springs or live with the height your at.  QA1 double adjustable shocks are a nice addition, you can dial in the ride you want.

dave73

What about extended shackles? When I first bought my my challenger it had them, I removed them because the valance  didn't fit. Guessing they would have an effect on the life of the springs?

Chryco Psycho

Extended shackles only push the rear of the spring down , the rear section is the soft part of the spring , the front section does the work
moving the spring eye in the front mount will have more effect