Main Menu

ESPO leaf spring expensive to buy from Canada

Started by Nel, August 15, 2020, 05:26:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Nel

I'm looking buy leaf spring from ESPO, to replace my crapy Mopar XHD that sag afther couple years. There's no spring in them at all anymore and the back of the car is setting like 1 inch lower then OEM.

The price of the spring is ok but if I add the shipping, duty and tax it come to more then 600$ CA!
It's way to mutch for leaf springs!  Why us Canadian always get screwed on the the price of everything?

Any Canadians ordered from ESPO?  You guys have any tricks to avoid abusive price of shipping and duty?

Brads70

600 is not that bad really, springs are heavy!
Get used to it....  unfortunately. To simplify thing when I'm shopping in the USA it usually works out to double the USA price but then in Canadian dollars  by the time you get it in your hands ( shipping and exchange) It's worse for European 's  and Australia .
When the border is open ( if you live close to it?) find a place to ship to then drive down and pick it up. I use Kuhn's storage in Niagara falls NY .

https://kuhnsstorage.com/

jimynick

Where are you? If you're near a decent sized city, there should be a truck spring shop somewhere. They can either make or repair/improve your current springs, too and it shouldn't cost $600, especially if they repair/re-arch your current pair.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Brads70

I've been pricing new leaf springs for my 71 Javelin and locally they are pretty close to $600 taxes in.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Quote from: jimynick on August 16, 2020, 07:04:17 PM
Where are you? If you're near a decent sized city, there should be a truck spring shop somewhere. They can either make or repair/improve your current springs, too and it shouldn't cost $600, especially if they repair/re-arch your current pair.  :cheers:

Couldn't agree more, I have a local place re-arch ALL the springs in the cars I restore.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Add 1 full lenght main leaf under the original main leaf  restrap the springs & replace the center bolts & you will be fine , is there a s Standens Spring near you ?

Nel

Im going to look for one of those 2 option. Since we know that the mopar hd spring are made cheap ifthey re-arch them are they going to stay this time? If not I'm adding a leaf.