Main Menu

QA1 front shocks

Started by BAM, October 10, 2021, 01:13:36 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BAM

Quote from: Brads70 on December 02, 2021, 05:24:13 AM
Quote from: BAM on December 02, 2021, 01:52:37 AM
I'm not using a sway bar as I don't think is needed. I'll see how the car handles without one and if needed, I will add it later. Yes, I'm using the tubular K frame together with everything else from qa1. On the rear, I got Hotchkis leafs...hopefully they will all work great together and give me an uniform level of the car

Plan on adding one! You WILL need one! :yes: I'd suggest one of the aftermarket suppliers hollow tubular versions and bigger than stock. Those rear leaf's you have will lower the rear end, you might not like/want that?
The QA1 part numbers I used are TD801 rear and TD 501 front but take some proper measurements and contact QA1 or whomever your using with those measurements as they will be needed. Why did you use the tubular K-Frame? Was your stock k-frame missing/damaged?

Used the tubular one because the original was modified, just like the rest of the car. Still, I'm not going to purchase a sway bar for now. If I will feel it's needed, I will purchase the one from QA1 and have it installed (I'm guessing is a rather easy installation considering I have the rest of the QA1 setup).

When it comes to the shocks, I will use the cheap ones I have already purchased, do the relevant measurements and then order the QA1 ones. For now, the car is at the paint shop for another 10 days and then it goes in storage until the rainy season finishes as I don't have a garage at home yet.

Brads70

Quote from: BAM on December 15, 2021, 04:34:25 AM
I'm not using a sway bar as I don't think is needed. I'll see how the car handles without one and if needed, I will add it later. Yes, I'm using the tubular K frame together with everything else from qa1. On the rear, I got Hotchkis leafs...hopefully they will all work great together and give me an uniform level of the car

Plan on adding one! You WILL need one! :yes: I'd suggest one of the aftermarket suppliers hollow tubular versions and bigger than stock. Those rear leaf's you have will lower the rear end, you might not like/want that?
The QA1 part numbers I used are TD801 rear and TD 501 front but take some proper measurements and contact QA1 or whomever your using with those measurements as they will be needed. Why did you use the tubular K-Frame? Was your stock k-frame missing/damaged?

Used the tubular one because the original was modified, just like the rest of the car. Still, I'm not going to purchase a sway bar for now. If I will feel it's needed, I will purchase the one from QA1 and have it installed (I'm guessing is a rather easy installation considering I have the rest of the QA1 setup).

When it comes to the shocks, I will use the cheap ones I have already purchased, do the relevant measurements and then order the QA1 ones. For now, the car is at the paint shop for another 10 days and then it goes in storage until the rainy season finishes as I don't have a garage at home yet.

Curious as to how your stock k frame was modified? Do you have any pictures to post?

BAM

Quote from: Brads70 on December 15, 2021, 04:58:58 AM
Quote from: BAM on December 15, 2021, 04:34:25 AM

Curious as to how your stock k frame was modified? Do you have any pictures to post?

There should be some visible photos on my rebuild thread https://forum.e-bodies.org/your-restoration-project-roseville-moparts/10/1970-challenger-se-massive-restoration/19881/

It was modified to fit some Mercedes engine and all "new" components in there. To be noted that the car is in Cyprus and back in the late 70s I don't thing they had many options to import parts or even the interest to doing so.