Main Menu

Show Me Your Sub-Frame Connectors and Torque Boxs

Started by Odin, December 08, 2019, 02:51:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Burdar

I used the advice of @Brads70 and @303 Mopar when doing mine.  I used 1 x 2 tubing and drilled holes for the round tubing like Brad.  I also cut holes in the torsion bar x-member and rear frame rail to run the connectors inside like 303 Mopar did.  I needed some extra clearance around the floor pan so I used  a band saw to cut a slit almost all the way through the tubing.  That slit was just enough to bend the tube for clearance.  The slit can then be ground smooth.

Odin

Thank you to all who provided advice and photos. Mine are not pretty but they are in!

Cuda Cody

soundcontrol

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on December 08, 2019, 06:49:17 PM
What I have, I wish I went with through-the-floor connectors, however.

Really like those extra reinforcements on the T-bar cross member to the front frame rails, I'm so stealing this idea!
Thats a weak point in the e-body construction, seen so many pictures with the whole car bent by the fire wall, either from a crash or just rust.

Here are mine, so far. (US Car Tools)

Odin

Quote from: soundcontrol on December 22, 2019, 03:01:15 AM
Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on December 08, 2019, 06:49:17 PM
What I have, I wish I went with through-the-floor connectors, however.

Really like those extra reinforcements on the T-bar cross member to the front frame rails, I'm so stealing this idea!
Thats a weak point in the e-body construction, seen so many pictures with the whole car bent by the fire wall, either from a crash or just rust.

Here are mine, so far. (US Car Tools)

I like those better than the ones I had installed for sake of rigidity