Main Menu

1970 Challenger SE - Massive restoration

Started by BAM, January 24, 2021, 03:36:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BAM

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Challenger in NC

:twothumbsup: So how long before it hits the streets?

BAM

Well, engine and transmission are ready. Rear end is not tested but what can go wrong? :)

I don't have a driveshaft and nobody is able to make one here in the wonderful island of Cyprus.

I don't have wheels - YearOne really takes their time on those
I don't have upholstery - Legendary reaaaallllyyyy take their time
I don't have dashboard, electrical, door panels, technically everything because everyone takes their time and everything is on backorder
Headliner is lost in a container somewhere in Israel...

Maybe next Christmas if legendary will send everything by end of July and IF i will ever receive what i ordered from YearOne.

But all that gives me some time to finish expanding my house, build a giant swimming pool and also handle my business so i can pay for all those hahaha

one of the happiest days of my life today is :)

RUNCHARGER

Beautiful job on a challenging core. Are you going with the SE rear window and roof or are you leaving it all blue (my vote!).
Sheldon

Filthy Filbert

looks incredible.    I'm jealous that mine is not there yet!

Challenger in NC

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 13, 2022, 07:01:08 AM
Beautiful job on a challenging core. Are you going with the SE rear window and roof or are you leaving it all blue (my vote!).
I agree, it would be a shame to cover up all that beautiful new paint. Do you have the SE belt moulding and will you be installing it?

BAM

I didn't order yet the leather roof cover as i'm still not 100% which way i'm going. I think it would be a shame to not go with the SE pack but on the other hand, it will probably look better with just paint.

I guess i still have a few more months to decide

RUNCHARGER

I agree the SE is a really nice package and unique. It's just that all the parts included in the package are hard to source and will really add stress, time and $$$ to getting it all finished. Lots of special moldings, clips, wiring, window parts, interior parts etc.
Sheldon

BAM

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 13, 2022, 08:23:11 AM
I agree the SE is a really nice package and unique. It's just that all the parts included in the package are hard to source and will really add stress, time and $$$ to getting it all finished. Lots of special moldings, clips, wiring, window parts, interior parts etc.

Yeah, well i have 95% of the parts and whatever I'm missing, is easy to find. I'll probably get near finish with it and decide after, if i go with the SE window or not. Everything else is SE anyway

BAM

:wrenching:

QA1 front end started to be installed. Apparently the KIT does not include the lower ball joints which is a bummer...I cannot go ahead with finishing the front end without those

Forgot to order the J Bolts for the gas tank straps so that cannot go in either...
For some reason, I only ordered 1 rear drum but those cannot go in as I don't have the rear differential back from powder coating anyway :)

No electrical or any interior so nothing to do there either. I rented out the entire shop so that all those people work only on my car. Well, I guess they are taking some holidays for now   :bricks:

BAM

Hey guys,

I need your help with the brake lines and small stuff. So, the car has a 318, 2bbl, automatic transmission.

I ordered:
fuel sending unit: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=872367&cc=1078422&pt=4436&jsn=11
fuel pump to carburettor lines: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rsd-rpc6701s
Transmission cooler lines: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rsd-etc7001

My questions:
1. Which fuel lines do I need, to go from the gas tank, to front
2. Do I actually need transmission cooling? If so, which is the right radiator and accessories for it?
3. Do I need any other small bits and pieces to have this completed and out of the way?

Also, as we will build a driveshaft from nothing, could you please indicate which are the correct connectors for that? I mean the ends of the driveshaft which I don't know how they are called in English :)

Now that there is work being done under the car, any suggestions? Any heads up? Anything that I should be addressing now? Any brackets, hangers, accessories that I should start ordering?

Your help is always appreciated.

BAM

:yes:

anlauto

I don't want to be the barrier of bad news, but if you're using a "stock" style steering box, then your lower ball joints are on the wrong side...Chrysler's are a "rear steer" car with the linkage behind the center point as apposed to "front steer"....If you're modifying it to use a rack & pinion with front steer, then never mind... :D  ....and make sure the bleeder screw for the caliper is positioned on the top :alan2cents:

....oh.....looking good by the way... :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BAM

Hi @anlauto I'm using a complete setup from Peter&bergman so I'm not 100% sure how it will all go. Those are just a "mock up" installation for now as there are still some small bits missing. I'm waiting on the steering setup to clear customs and see where and how it installs.

For now, it's all a huge puzzle and I was actually hoping for your comment on the above photos :)