Main Menu

1970 Challenger T/A Convertible Project

Started by erik70rt, September 08, 2019, 03:13:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Quote from: Blowout on January 10, 2024, 02:28:11 PMLooks good!

Did they do patches in the trunk and then body filler to hide the welded area?  Did you just buy a trunk floor and cut sections off?  Asking because mine for the most part is nice but two areas need to be addressed.

Also, where did you find your car dollies?

Yes, I bought new trunk pans and he's only using what he needs to do the patches - not a full replacement. 

The dollies are by Auto Twirler.  You can buy them from Summit Racing or directly from Auto Twirler.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

anlauto

Why are they not stripping the car completely down to bare metal first ? Isn't that just asking for problems down the line ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

Quote from: anlauto on January 11, 2024, 08:57:37 AMWhy are they not stripping the car completely down to bare metal first ? Isn't that just asking for problems down the line ?

In that pic he had just removed the side stripes.  I'll have to ask him why he didn't strip all of the paint.

erik70rt

Starting to shoot some color.  Here are the wheels.

anlauto

That colour is going to be crazy cool....no loving on the steelie wheels though... :('
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

erik70rt

Deezel

Another build thread that I missed but am now following. Myself, I love that color!  :bigthumb:
I'm all about building a car for "me" and not building it for the masses, unless it's being built to sell.

I'm not sure if I missed it or not but what are your plans with the 340? Are you going to stroke it or keep it stock?

Lonnie
1973 'cuda

erik70rt

Going to do a 340 six pack with a slightly more aggressive cam than stock.

usraptor

It's been a while since I checked in on your build.   It's good you are taking so many pics.  :twothumbsup:  They will be invaluable when you start reassembly.  I took thosands of pics during the disassembly of mine and when I was reassembling I'd  wish I had taken even more.  I'd have pics of the part, but I'd be missing the angle I needed for reassembly.   :headbang:

erik70rt

First base coat is on the car! :banana:

RUNCHARGER

Give your paint/body guy a hug from everyone here. It's a lot of work and nice to see someone that digs in and gets it done without screwing the customer around for years and years.
Sheldon

anlauto

Yea, I agree nice to see some quick progress !
That colour looks sharp, I can't wait to see it shiny and with the black accents....again, not a fan of the colour keyed wheels, even on real T/A's the steel wheels were always black.

erik70rt

Quote from: anlauto on January 22, 2024, 05:27:20 PMYea, I agree nice to see some quick progress !
That colour looks sharp, I can't wait to see it shiny and with the black accents....again, not a fan of the colour keyed wheels, even on real T/A's the steel wheels were always black.

Yeah well I'm building this one for me!   :haha: Just busting your chops, Alan!

The wheels are actually cop wheels.  I don't like the black steelies with the trim ring.  I still have the rallyes, too.

erik70rt

Looking good!!!

anlauto

I guess you'll be back on the road this Spring no problem  :twothumbsup: