Main Menu

1970 Challenger T/A Convertible Project

Started by erik70rt, September 08, 2019, 03:13:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

anlauto

Quote from: AARclone on September 14, 2023, 02:46:44 PM
Plum Crazy is the most over used Mopar color.  Your building a car that never existed don't be afraid to look outside the box

:iagree:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

Quote from: AARclone on September 14, 2023, 02:46:44 PM
Plum Crazy is the most over used Mopar color.  Your building a car that never existed don't be afraid to look outside the box

Yes, it is.  Hence my thought of LL1.  Did you ever see a Challenger in LL1?

Cuda_mark

My vote would be for EB7. Always loved that color and I think it would look great on a TA vert.

erik70rt

Did any of you see the new issue of MCG?  That 73 Javelin in "Fresh Plum Metallic" is certainly a different color!

Skdmark

FJ6 or EK2 for a 70 high impact color.
I would personally stay within the 70 color chart whichever way you go.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Skdmark on September 15, 2023, 11:01:53 AM
FJ6 or EK2 for a 70 high impact color.
I would personally stay within the 70 color chart whichever way you go.

I agree with staying on the 70 color chart.

erik70rt

Talked to two local shops last week and wasn't very happy with the results.  The first shop said they would repaint it for $10-$15k depending on how much work will be involved as far as panel removal etc.  I asked them if they had ever painted Organisol and they didn't know what it was.  They did tell me they would let me work on it with them since they weren't familiar with the details of a T/A.  They won't take it until December which is ok with me.  The second shop flat out refused to do it (they are a restoration shop) because it's a Mopar and they want nothing to do with Mopars anymore. 

There is another shop in the area I know would do it, but I know they won't touch it for less than $20k.  The shop that did my Barracuda I won't go back to - they did a mediocre job and I had to keep bringing it back to fix the mistakes they made - I had large sections of paint literally peel off the car from lousy prep work. 

Anyone know any shops in PA that will do a good job on a Mopar that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

EV2RTSE

Wayne Cawley in Milton, PA just finished mine recently, he's over on FABO/FEBO/FBBO.

https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/threads/its-been-awhile.30248/#post-177753
https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/threads/another-one-done.30917/#post-181220

You can probably reach him on the forums or I can PM you his phone # if you'd like. He's on Facebook too.
Also I know he's done a T/A and an AAR so he knows how to work with the Organisol.

erik70rt

Quote from: EV2RTSE on September 25, 2023, 07:38:47 AM
Wayne Cawley in Milton, PA just finished mine recently, he's over on FABO/FEBO/FBBO.

https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/threads/its-been-awhile.30248/#post-177753
https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/threads/another-one-done.30917/#post-181220

You can probably reach him on the forums or I can PM you his phone # if you'd like. He's on Facebook too.
Also I know he's done a T/A and an AAR so he knows how to work with the Organisol.

Thanks!  I sent him a PM on FEBO.  If you could shoot me a PM with his number, that would be great!

EV2RTSE

erik70rt

Spoke with Wayne and he's going to do it!  Thanks!!!!

erik70rt

Taking the car to Wayne this Saturday for him to go over and discuss a price. 

Sunday the 360 that's in it comes out and the teardown begins!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

LL1 Surf Turquoise 

Something you don't see on E-bodies.   :veryexcited: