Main Menu

1970 Challenger T/A Convertible Project

Started by erik70rt, September 08, 2019, 03:13:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

The teardown begins.....
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

erik70rt

More pics of the teardown.

erik70rt

And more pics

erik70rt

And a few more

Brads70

I'd recommend  pulling off the stainless at the bottom of the windshield and clean under it. My car is a pretty clean CA car and it actually had holes under there due to all the crap over the years.

erik70rt

Quote from: Brads70 on November 27, 2023, 09:24:16 AMI'd recommend  pulling off the stainless at the bottom of the windshield and clean under it. My car is a pretty clean CA car and it actually had holes under there due to all the crap over the years.

It's all getting removed.

daaboots

MOPAR MITCH

Being that its a convertible, and that TransAm cars were meant to be good road handling cars, I'd consider to have a custom roll bar installed .. so.. in case you'd ever take the car out, to a road course (or autocross course), the roll bar should allow you to be on the track without any hassle from the safety inspection tech-crew.  Check your local tracks/clubs for specs on the tubing.   It doesn't have to be a full cage, but just a simple roll bar (4-point minimum) behind the front seats. 

erik70rt

More progress.  Found rust under the windshield moulding.

erik70rt

Quote from: MOPAR MITCH on November 29, 2023, 01:16:13 PMBeing that its a convertible, and that TransAm cars were meant to be good road handling cars, I'd consider to have a custom roll bar installed .. so.. in case you'd ever take the car out, to a road course (or autocross course), the roll bar should allow you to be on the track without any hassle from the safety inspection tech-crew.  Check your local tracks/clubs for specs on the tubing.   It doesn't have to be a full cage, but just a simple roll bar (4-point minimum) behind the front seats. 

It's not going to be raced at all.

erik70rt

More progress

erik70rt

And more

anlauto

You're not done yet ? :rofl:  :rofl:  Just kidding, the car is super solid eh  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

Quote from: anlauto on December 04, 2023, 10:21:04 AMYou're not done yet ? :rofl:  :rofl:  Just kidding, the car is super solid eh  :twothumbsup:

It was a nice southern car that was undercoated.  Only real rust spots are below the windshield and in the trunk.  Nothing major. 

erik70rt

Took out the windshield and convertible mouldings tonight.