Main Menu

1970 T/A GoMango 4sp

Started by Rbob, May 28, 2020, 07:32:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

Agree, those clips should be on the back of the glove box.  I think two is normal.

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: Rbob on May 04, 2021, 05:18:26 PM
@DeathProofCuda , I sent it to ABC Moparts

Thanks.  I'd be interested to hear your impression of it when you get it.  I'm in the market for one myself.  I know that someone here recently posted about getting a dashpad from ABC Moparts with a raised Yearone stamping in the VIN pad.

So if I understand correctly, you are having them recover yours, as opposed to buying one already recovered and sending yours in as a core?

Rbob

@DeathProofCuda   I sent my original in and made it clear I did not want someone else's back.

Tried out the rivet tool on the ash tray:  And discovered I painted the screw that attached the outer handle.

Rbob

@Floyd and @anlauto you saved my bacon again, went and looked at my old glove box and there is the other one..Thank you both!

Added flasher holder to ash tray.

Rbob

I soaked the instrument panel piece that holds the bulbs in evapo-rust and after 3 days the paint was almost gone so a little wire brush and painted the front with trim black, satin clear on the backside to protect from rusting again.

I think there was some texture there before but not much so I tried to duplicate by lightly coating last couple coats.

Rbob

I installed the quarter glasses Saturday, for me adjusting the quarter glasses took me over 2 hours and I am not 100% happy, had to adjust the door glass also. 

The glass setting tape is different for the bottom channel. had to use 1/16th for the bottom channel and 1/32 for the vertical.

I cam across this mystery spring which has me stumped, any idea about where this spring is supposed to go?

anlauto

That spring adds tension to the action of the plastic gas pedal on all E Bodies... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

I'm really liking that tint glass....not sure I could bring myself to install it on a rare original car though...But like you said before.... your car...build it your way...and I can respect that  :worship: :drinkingbud:

Is there a link somewhere to the company making the glass ? I wonder if they make it for a convertible... :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Rbob

@anlauto

Where does the drivers remote mirror cables route, is there a strap that is supposed to be there?  I swear I saw a pic on this site.

anlauto

In 1970 there is a separate bracket bolted inside the door at the front that the cables go through...sometimes there is also a clip along the crash beam...
I'm sure someone will have a picture of the bracket....I don't have one in my files... :thinking:

Rbob

ok,  I will keep looking.

If I find it I will take a pic.

anlauto

Thank you Google...here's what you're looking for. It bolts on inside the front of the door. The bolt goes in from the front of the door through an access hole...

Floyd

Here's a pic grabbed of the web