Main Menu

1970 T/A GoMango 4sp

Started by Rbob, May 28, 2020, 07:32:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rbob

That was quick!  Its sold!  I know what to search for, man I hope that bracket is in there..

Found a pic of where it goes:

Rbob

Well,

I am embarrassed to say it was there, all I had to do was look up...

anlauto

:rofl: :drinkingbud: Better to be looking at it, then looking for it :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rbob

Some days are better than others. :slapme5:  My wife accuses me of not opening my eyes all the time.
.   :haha:

Fed Ex dropped off my gas tank, that was so easy to do I was shocked,  I had the filler tube installed with rubber floor grommet installed.  I went under the car feet first with straps hanging down and sprayed the filler tube with silicone and once started I gave the gas tank a bump with my knee.

RUNCHARGER

Yep: Generally these old cars go together pretty fast.
Sheldon

Rbob

@anlauto

I was fine tuning (attempting) the door glass adjustments, the glass is almost touching the front track and I cannot seem to get it pulled back. Adjusting the front track in/out does not change how tight it is.  Hope that makes sense. 

Here is a couple pics:

anlauto

Interesting problem....let me think about it :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

YellowThumper

I would start with checking and comparing the new glass curvature to the old glass.
Best would be if you could figure a way to mount them on a board outside of car. Possibly using the lower track.
If curve is less (or more) then the adjustment ability runs out.
My2c
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

anlauto

Quote from: YellowThumper on May 14, 2021, 07:46:40 AM
I would start with checking and comparing the new glass curvature to the old glass.
Best would be if you could figure a way to mount them on a board outside of car. Possibly using the lower track.
If curve is less (or more) then the adjustment ability runs out.
My2c

I wasn't thinking this until I read the "Auto City Glass" thread this morning...now I think it might be a possibility :dunno:

I was leaning towards the possibility of the upper front track mounting bracket being bent in towards the door slightly...The upper track looks really tucked in under the window fuzzie....and the glass seems to be pressing hard against the fuzzie as well :huh:

Rbob

I will pull the drivers window and compare. 

Rbob

I pulled the glass and measured the inside curve to the top of a strait edge, both were the same.  Then I installed the track and it is almost touching the new glass?  So I transferred the track retainers and the old glass has a nice even gap so the problem must be with the new glass curve where the retainers attached.

@anlauto

I may try some big plastic washers to remedy.  I think as long as I get the track to fit correctly I should be good.  For the heck of it I am going to call the mfg and see what they say.

anlauto

Wow..that's a good comparison picture right there :rubeyes:

YellowThumper

Wow is right. Yea trial and error with varied levels of plastic washers should get you much closer.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Rbob

Auto Classic Glass is sending me another pair of door glass, with different DOT number and if that does not work they will try a different brand.  Good to know they have good customer service.

While I am waiting for those and carpet install, I took my instrument cluster apart and found what looks like foam filler, what would you do with it, its crusty as heck..

anlauto