Main Menu

70 Challenger R/T EV2 U-Code

Started by MoparJunkie, January 18, 2022, 05:22:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparJunkie

Thanks to Mr Cuda, I have the correct RT hood, an original 1970 raylle hood in excellent shape! In the next 2-3 weeks this car will be off to body work!

MoparJunkie

Quote from: 71vert340 on March 19, 2022, 08:10:09 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on January 19, 2022, 07:39:51 PM
Quote from: MoparJunkie on January 19, 2022, 02:00:39 PM
That's cool, where did you go to do that and could you do that for the entire build sheet?

that's my creation & it covers the complete sheet/car

anything that doesn't have a line item is part of JS23 (A62, N85, C16, etc.) or included with an ordered OPTION i.e. E86 (S15, S25, etc.)

@6bblgt . First I've seen  this post Dan. Do you have the information for 1971 Challengers also.

Please DM him, I'd like to keep this thread on topic of my project.

Thanks.

7E-Bodies

Awesome car and options. I'm also mid way through a 70 U code NM with odd options. I'm also tempted to add the passenger side mirror. Undecided since mine is so original.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

MoparJunkie

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on March 21, 2022, 05:03:09 PM
Awesome car and options. I'm also mid way through a 70 U code NM with odd options. I'm also tempted to add the passenger side mirror. Undecided since mine is so original.

I'm doing it because it looks better and well it's my car lol. I've been a bit back and forth on switching it from column to console too. I've been thinking lately keeping it column and as original as I can. So far added passenger mirror, SG, and disc brakes are changes I want to do for sure. With manual brakes, I feel disc brakes are a must! DM me a link to your build (if you have one), I'd like to check it out!

MoparJunkie

I had some questions for those of you who have answers, lol. Was either the V21 option hood stripe or the side RT stripe vinyl, or painted? I believe both were painted, but the previous owner stripped them off before I could confirm for myself. If painted, gloss or matte black?

My other question is regarding paint. The previous owner bought 2 gallons of u-tech (brand of sikkens so I've read) urethane single stage paint, that seems a bit too light (needs more red). I was told someone can add some red tint to it, to better match the color. I was also told to have my body guy do a 50/50 clear mix with the last 1-2 coats. Either that or should I ditch the single stage and just get base/coat clear? From my understanding single stage will match the factory color better (since base/coat clear wasn't used back then). I've also considered buying the new Tor-Red (aka Hemi Orange) that Dodge currently uses. Thoughts? I haven't gone into detail with this yet to my body guy, but before I do I'd like some opinions from (preferably) other body/paint guys.

Thanks!

anlauto

Quote from: MoparJunkie on March 21, 2022, 06:01:48 PM
I had some questions for those of you who have answers, lol. Was either the V21 option hood stripe or the side RT stripe vinyl, or painted? I believe both were painted, but the previous owner stripped them off before I could confirm for myself. If painted, gloss or matte black?

The side stripes and hood stripe were always a vinyl graphic on the 1970 Challenger....sides were always gloss, hood was always matte.....the bumble bee stripe on a 70 Challenger was painted on...in several colours, but always gloss.  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

7E-Bodies

Mine is a 3:23 open rear end as well. I've gone to Dr Diff and now it's a 3:23 SG. No regrets because the diff was long gone.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

MoparJunkie

It's been awhile since I posted an update here. My challenger has gone through quite a few changes. Moving along quite nicely. Still more work to be done. Cowl and rad support face to be painted black, among other things. The plan is to have it running by spring and re-doing the interior down the road.

Enjoy the pics!

6bblgt

lookin' good!  :twothumbsup:  the "plum crazy" SIX PACK R/T at Copart made me think of your car   :takealook:  they can be fixed  :wrenching:

anlauto

MoparJunkie

The car won't be an exact perfect match to how the car was built, but it'll be decently close. I'm going with an aluminum radiator for now, might swap it out for the correct 26" copper rad down the road. So far the only thing I've added and changed is a passenger side mirror and the build sheet calls for chrome. I decided on body color mirrors. The hardest part for me is the interior. I can't decide if I want to keep the saddle tan color. It'll be awhile before I redo the interior, but I may change it to black or the saddle tan might grow on me lol.

I did have one question. So my valve covers seem to be a 68" style (driver side has the "stove top"). I have an early demo 9/30/69 build. Just wasn't sure if the valve covers should be that style or if they got changed out at some point? Thoughts? It's not a really big deal if they are incorrect for the year, just curious.

This is from yesterday. I was adding more parts to the build lol.

ebodyproducts

Very nice challenger.  The EV2 looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

Blowout

Everything is looking great. Very nice!