Main Menu

70 Challenger Conv. Restomod. 6.1 Hemi

Started by soundcontrol, January 18, 2017, 12:52:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

That video is great, I found a mistake I'm doing, I use the 1/16 wire, (they say its to thick), when I should just be using a straighten out MIG wire, about half as thick and melts quicker.

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

soundcontrol

Waiting for more sheet metal, I managed to switch the bellhousing on my NAG 1 tranny, it was pretty easy. Bell from a Jeep Cherokee, now the starter goes on the drivers side and my TTI headers fits. Gonna take the pan off and change the filter also, and try to clean it up, bought a bunch of different cleaners I'm gonna try.

JpRngr

So did you find a new dust plate for between the engine and transmission as it's different for driver's side starter? I remember asking you before, but don't remember the answer. If you haven't found one, I couldn't forever, you can get one at the dealer for $20-30.

Corey

Cuda Cody

soundcontrol

Quote from: JpRngr on January 06, 2018, 10:32:08 PM
So did you find a new dust plate for between the engine and transmission as it's different for driver's side starter? I remember asking you before, but don't remember the answer. If you haven't found one, I couldn't forever, you can get one at the dealer for $20-30.

Corey

Darn, I could have ordered one when I got the NAG1 steel gasket, seal for the converter and a filter kit, but I forgot. Tricky for me since I live in Sweden, no dealers here... but my daughter is moving to L.A next week, she'll be my small parts supplier from now.  :D
Thanks for reminding me, it's on my list now!

soundcontrol

2 metal Hemi emblems, delivered to my mailbox, direct from China, 15 bucks including shipping....
I wanted the 6.1 HEMI emblems but could not find them, so I ordered these to see if they were any good.
Looks fine to me. I also ordered a SRT grille emblem, didn't get that yet.

GoodysGotaCuda

Nice. I put newer emblems on my hood.l as well. Subtle change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

YellowThumper

Made my own. However yours look good there.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

soundcontrol

No updates on my build, will get back into it in June, work work, work...  :tired:
But my wife just came back from L.A and brought me this nice setup (collecting parts for my 73 project).
Seriously thinking about buying a new gen. Challenger, just need something to drive this summer....

soundcontrol

...and so I did, got this very nice 08 SRT today, traded in my bike (in the background, had the bike for 18 years and it had 4600 miles on it).
This will be my daily summer driver. I will use it a lot more than the bike.
I didn't like the wheels when I only saw the car on pictures, but then IRL, they are growing on me, and the paint is metallic black so it looks great in the sun.

70chall440

Very nice, you will (and I am sure are) love it. I love my 2010 RT PCP 6 spd.
Mopar or no car!!!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Quote from: anlauto on April 11, 2018, 12:44:11 PM
Is there a lot of them in Sweden ?

Not sure of the number, but I see a lot of them on car shows and cruises.
There is around 30 of them (all years and models) for sale here now, 3 of them Hellcats.
I do think we have more e-bodies than Gen 3 Challengers though.

I'm probably gonna remove the hoodstripe and go with a sidestripe like the one you put on your wifes car Alan, that looked great.

anlauto

Quote from: soundcontrol on April 11, 2018, 12:57:21 PM
Quote from: anlauto on April 11, 2018, 12:44:11 PM
Is there a lot of them in Sweden ?

Not sure of the number, but I see a lot of them on car shows and cruises.
There is around 30 of them (all years and models) for sale here now, 3 of them Hellcats.
I do think we have more e-bodies than Gen 3 Challengers though.

I'm probably gonna remove the hoodstripe and go with a sidestripe like the one you put on your wifes car Alan, that looked great.

I know there's tons of vinyl graphic places around, I'm sure in Sweden too.....but just a thought....here's where I ordered my wife's: https://vinylimagination.com/Pages/Automotive/Dodge/Challenger/Challenger-2k15/Challenger-MOPAR10-Beltline-Stripes-15.php   
I think red would look great on black too :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration