Main Menu

70 Challenger Convertible Resto mod T/A ((((UPDATE))))

Started by Mybrothers70, January 18, 2020, 09:11:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mybrothers70

Hello,

Just want to share a few pictures of progress on our 70 Challenger.  This car was originally bought by my brother back in 1977, It was FE5 with Slant 6.  His dream someday was to have it restored to the way he wanted it and that is a T/A theme.  Unfortunately during the restoration my brother got brain cancer and he gave me the car prior to passing away and asked me to finish it.  Some of you may have seen this posted on Facebook already but for those that are not on Facebook here are a few pics.

Mybrothers70

A Few More

Mybrothers70

Last ones for now.  Once fenders are on we can figure out best wheel size.  Right now we are looking at 18" all the way around.

dodgemania

sweet challenger great project .thanks for sharing

BIGSHCLUNK

70 Chally Vert... whats not to like ?    :bradsthumb: 

JS29

larry4406

Nice job.

I am sure your brother would have liked it.

screamindriver

Looks great !! Love the color..The carbon fiber instrument panel fits the color nicely...Is that a battery box hidden by the back quarter panel ??

soundcontrol

Sorry to hear about your brother.
Great car, love the color. What engine/tranny/suspension are you gonna use?

Challenger in NC

nsmall

You get to remember your brother everytime you work on the car and drive it.  Looking  :wowzers:

usraptor

Sorry about your brother.  The Big "C" is a bitch.  Beautiful work on the car.  He would be very proud.  Keep us posted on your progress.  :twothumbsup: :clapping:

Mybrothers70

It will have a built 5.7 HEMI @530HP work was done by Nutter Racing using their Hemitronix setup with a Tremec 5 Speed and using the 8 3/4 Rearend with 4:10 gear.  QA1 Front Suspension with Reilly Motorsports Street Lynx Coil Over.  I plan on running 18" wheels but I am waiting on the fenders to get installed to do some measurements.  The Battery Box is in the trunk but those are my backseat interior panels sitting in there.  Thank you all.  Ill post up more pictures once the fenders and grill gets installed.

soundcontrol

Quote from: Mybrothers70 on January 18, 2020, 06:26:56 PM
It will have a built 5.7 HEMI @530HP work was done by Nutter Racing using their Hemitronix setup with a Tremec 5 Speed and using the 8 3/4 Rearend with 4:10 gear.  QA1 Front Suspension with Reilly Motorsports Street Lynx Coil Over.  I plan on running 18" wheels but I am waiting on the fenders to get installed to do some measurements.  The Battery Box is in the trunk but those are my backseat interior panels sitting in there.  Thank you all.  Ill post up more pictures once the fenders and grill gets installed.

Nice, great setup!  I think 18's would look nice, I got 18 rear and 17 in the front (Foose Legends), was on the car when I bought it, I would go 18 in the front if I was buying new ones. I think 20's looks too much for an old car.

Mybrothers70

Quote from: soundcontrol on January 19, 2020, 02:37:53 AM
Quote from: Mybrothers70 on January 18, 2020, 06:26:56 PM

Nice, great setup!  I think 18's would look nice, I got 18 rear and 17 in the front (Foose Legends), was on the car when I bought it, I would go 18 in the front if I was buying new ones. I think 20's looks too much for an old car.

Thank you! I am really hoping to be able to fit an 18" in the front.