Main Menu

70 Challenger SE

Started by Timbbuc2, January 05, 2017, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Is the tan wire in the main harness or the AC harness ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Timbbuc2

Tan is the AC harness, I think I got it, best I an tell is it connects to a B/W wire that goes to the fan blower. Does that sound correct
Get in, I'll drive

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on July 08, 2017, 06:45:48 PM
Tan is the AC harness, I think I got it, best I an tell is it connects to a B/W wire that goes to the fan blower. Does that sound correct

Yup

Timbbuc2

Another wiring harness question, on the main harness there is a blue wire going to the fuel gauge. The low fuel gauge wiring harness also has a blue wire. Do I disconnect the blue main wiring harness wire and connect the blue low fuel wire? Everything else I am good on.
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

I have been working on the plastic trim that the map light mounts,  in the past someone had drilled holes in it. Who knows what for. So checking  around I saw where you could put the same plastic (scrap) in acetone and it makes a glue.I punched. Plugs out of some  scrap I had and I think it turned out pretty good. If the glue is too thin just wait and it will thicken up as the acetone evaporates
Get in, I'll drive

usraptor

That came out nice.  :banana:  I used Plastex Repair kit on my broken grille and it worked really well.

manycj

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on July 04, 2017, 04:57:12 PM
Wiring the dash almost complete.  Can anyone tell where this tan wire goes ?
it goes right here.
<I>If I can't fix it, I'll fix it so no onw can!"</I>

Timbbuc2

:twothumbsup:
Quote from: manycj on July 24, 2017, 09:19:49 AM
Quote from: Timbbuc2 on July 04, 2017, 04:57:12 PM
Wiring the dash almost complete.  Can anyone tell where this tan wire goes ?
it goes right here.
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

The plastic repair turned out good.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 24, 2017, 09:39:20 AM
The plastic repair turned out good.
Its not perfect but a lot better than the holes .Just got to install the radio and then the dash is going in.
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

Add a little texture and those holes would pretty much disappear.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 24, 2017, 09:52:07 AM
Add a little texture and those holes would pretty much disappear.
Good idea!
Get in, I'll drive

Slotts

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on July 14, 2017, 08:12:27 AM
Another wiring harness question, on the main harness there is a blue wire going to the fuel gauge. The low fuel gauge wiring harness also has a blue wire. Do I disconnect the blue main wiring harness wire and connect the blue low fuel wire? Everything else I am good on.

If you have this taken care of, great! If not, actually the answer is both. The dash harness blue wire from the sending unit connects to the signal side of the fuel gauge. What changes is the local 5 volt limiter that typically drives the oil, temp and fuel gauges, does not connect to the power side of the fuel gauge and is not used. You can tape that hole opening off. The low fuel relay also creates the necessary pulsing 5 volts to drive the gauge. Inside of the low fuel relay, when the fuel level drops to underneath 1/4 tank, the resistance increases to nearing around -60 Ohms on a different internal arm that cools down, closes the circuit and lights the low fuel overhead console bulb.

As a side note, due to the fact that the low fuel relay runs as a thermal device, it is not uncommon for them to fail over time. I do service those.   ;)

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Slotts on July 24, 2017, 10:58:01 AM
Quote from: Timbbuc2 on July 14, 2017, 08:12:27 AM

If you have this taken care of, great! If not, actually the answer is both. The dash harness blue wire from the sending unit connects to the signal side of the fuel gauge. What changes is the local 5 volt limiter that typically drives the oil, temp and fuel gauges, does not connect to the power side of the fuel gauge and is not used. You can tape that hole opening off. The low fuel relay also creates the necessary pulsing 5 volts to drive the gauge. Inside of the low fuel relay, when the fuel level drops to underneath 1/4 tank, the resistance increases to nearing around -60 Ohms on a different internal arm that cools down, closes the circuit and lights the low fuel overhead console bulb.

As a side note, due to the fact that the low fuel relay runs as a thermal device, it is not uncommon for them to fail over time. I do service those.   ;)

Jim
So the blue from the low fuel relay plugs onto the gauge instead of the black 5 v wire?. In other  words two blue plug on the gauge? correct? And that is good information to know that you service the low fuel switch.
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on July 24, 2017, 06:29:41 AM
I have been working on the plastic trim that the map light mounts,  in the past someone had drilled holes in it. Who knows what for. So checking  around I saw where you could put the same plastic (scrap) in acetone and it makes a glue.I punched. Plugs out of some  scrap I had and I think it turned out pretty good. If the glue is too thin just wait and it will thicken up as the acetone evaporates

Acetone works  well on a lot of things...........good choice............. :perfect10: