Main Menu

71 Cuda NZ

Started by Tony 73, May 30, 2020, 02:15:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Tony 73

Been working on the jigsaw, slow and steady . am on school holidays  so was hoping to do heaps but 2 steps forward and 1 back most days.
Insulation going great, hope to get vinyl top on soon.
Quarter glass went in smoothly.
been sorting through wiring, real birds nest.

cudamadd

All the little things now will some time test you . Keep on chipping away looking good  :australia:

RUNCHARGER

The fun part. What really kills it now is if you need a part and have to wait for it, especially when everyone is out of stock.
Sheldon

anlauto

Must be hard to get the parts in New Zealand as well :newzealand:

I have a niece who has a job waiting for her in New Zealand, but she can't get there because her International flight was cancelled and nobody really knows when flights out of Canada are going to start up again  :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Tony 73

Wish I had a Nappa or Sumitt store for sure , have got a list of items I need. Small bits like plastic trim clips.

I have a friend in the USA who I send parts to and then he repacks them in 1 box and sends to me.

NZ boarders may not open till next so your daughter will have to wait bit longer.

Tony 73

Photos say it all.

Vinyl Top on,   :banana:

Fit some trim and then get headliner in.

Took the guy 2hrs, he came out to my place.

Smallblock340

Welcome to the site from Netherlands!
Cool project. The B5 paint looks beautiful!  :bigthumb:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

YellowThumper

Be sure to black out some of the blue surrounding the windshield. It will show when window is installed.

Looks awsome btw!
Mike
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Tony 73

cheers fellers.

Been chipping away.
Until I find a 71 proportioning valve I will use the one I have got. I made 3 of the lines and others were new stock.
Cleaned and painted the correct diff. Hope to get it in tomorrow.

Shoooter

That is one beautiful cuda. What colour are you going with for the interior?

nsmall

Great progress.  I hope you dont get stuck from a lack of a part that jams you up.

Tony 73

Cheers Shooter, the interior is gaining to be black.

Cheers nsmall, would be a lot easier to build this car in the USA. Got lucky when I needed 2 new brake rotors, a local imported had some in stock, otherwise I would have to wait 3-4 months.

I am looking for a  Distributor for the 440 engine at present.

Tony 73

Got the diff back in and have got the brakes hooked up, sway bar and shocks next.

Got primer on fuel tank and 4 speed yesterday. Today I  got tank painted with galvanised silver.

4 speed in orange tomorrow .

Got some new front rotors so hope to get brakes finished too.

RUNCHARGER

Looks better and better. Going to make cruise season?
Sheldon

anlauto

You're going to paint your transmission orange ? That's unique  :smile:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration