Main Menu

F8 GranCoupe Convertible

Started by GCragtop, February 02, 2018, 10:26:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GCragtop

Came from Florida about 3 years ago. My customer bought it last summer. Nice looking driver quality car with 472 Hemi, 4 speed and Dana. Owner want 5 speed trans and some other updates/repairs.

GCragtop

Finally got the engine dynoed about a month ago. All went well, after break in the cam we made a few pulls.
351 hp @ 5500 and 393 lbft @ 3500.

Need to continue work with a yellow ragtop...

7E-Bodies

@6bblgt my 70 Challenger RT had an SPD of 11/04/69 and both build sheets are on the blue/white style of paper. That'd mean they were using it into November? Or are you speaking of only B and not J line production? Thoughts?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

7E-Bodies

Sorry to be a tad biased, but I think F8 is the best mopar color out there.  :yes:
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

6bblgt

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on August 28, 2020, 10:38:31 AM
...... my 70 Challenger RT had an SPD of 11/04/69 and both build sheets are on the blue/white style of paper. That'd mean they were using it into November? .......

there were actual 1969 (E-SERIES) broadcast sheets used during the 1970 model year
- I'll ASSUME by mistake or error & the color highlight '70 version was created because of this error, it didn't show up until ~January ??

:crazytalk:

E74cuda

I just ran across this thread and know the previous owner and took a look at the car a few times when it was in town. Nice to see it is coming along nicely in the restoration.

GCragtop

Quote from: E74cuda on August 29, 2020, 09:04:22 AM
I just ran across this thread and know the previous owner and took a look at the car a few times when it was in town. Nice to see it is coming along nicely in the restoration.

Say hi to Marlon if you see him!

GCragtop

UUH, almost a year since last update... Got a yellow ragtop finally finished today, took a waay longer than I thought, anyways some pics here.