Main Menu

74 Challenger Canadian Restoration

Started by daaboots, November 13, 2019, 05:44:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

daaboots

The next video is up. I finished up the inner fenders and installed the shock mount brackets. I'm getting so close to having the metal work complete on this car, finally!

YellowThumper

Solid progress there.
Definitely do not envy that work load.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

daaboots

Next video is up. Started fixing up the front frame rails. Turned out half decent!

jimynick

Video won't play. It said an error had occurred..
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  Yup, I get the error too when I try to watch it.

daaboots

My bad... the link is fixed now. Here it is again so you don't have to scroll up.  :cheers:

daaboots

So it looks like the updated forum handles YouTube links differently. I went back and fixed the links to all the previous videos. Enjoy!

jimynick

You know what? I think one of the biggest sources of enjoyment I've gotten during this series, is the growth not only in your ability, but more importantly, in your confidence and ability to take the never-ending discoveries requiring more repair in stride. That, coupled with your willingness to do the job properly, are impressive. You've developed the ability to think the problem through and then fix it. Nice work lad, nice work!  :twothumbsup:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

daaboots

Quote from: jimynick on November 30, 2023, 08:08:41 PMYou know what? I think one of the biggest sources of enjoyment I've gotten during this series, is the growth not only in your ability, but more importantly, in your confidence and ability to take the never-ending discoveries requiring more repair in stride. That, coupled with your willingness to do the job properly, are impressive. You've developed the ability to think the problem through and then fix it. Nice work lad, nice work!  :twothumbsup:

Thanks so much Ian. I always appreciate your kind words. I was thinking along similar lines tonight while working on the car. I was looking at some of my first work and thinking to myself how much better my latest patches are in comparison.

Take care!

daaboots

Time to get caught up on some photos. All my attention has been on the front end of the car. The inner fenders needed to be replaced, and sections of the frame rails needed to be cut out and replaced. Everything went smooth and I'm happy with the results.

daaboots

Next dump of photos...

anlauto

Excellent video...You are certainly getting better with your craft with every video....Let me know when I can start sending cars to you... :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7212Mopar

Been watching when you first start rebuilding this car. Glad you are getting close to be done with the rust repair. Seems like never ending. Any plans to go beyond factory like sub frame connectors etc? Don't recall if you spoke about your plans for the car. Tell us more on your visions of the end product. Driver, pro-touring or factory restoration?
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

daaboots

Quote from: anlauto on December 02, 2023, 07:17:54 PMExcellent video...You are certainly getting better with your craft with every video....Let me know when I can start sending cars to you... :twothumbsup:

Thanks Alan!

Oh goodness... one is enough for my lifetime  :drunk: