Main Menu

A.G.A.R. Reassembly Time...All done

Started by anlauto, March 09, 2017, 04:50:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Finoke

Quote from: anlauto on March 15, 2017, 06:12:33 PM
Quote from: 76orangewagon on March 15, 2017, 04:48:40 PM
Alan,
As usual another great job, I assume the SPD on the car is after March 5,1971 due to the wheels being painted Black instead of body color or did the customer request Black. My SPD is 430 and is coded for the 2944450 wheels painted TX9 but I think I will paint them body color (EV2).

Build date of May 20th....

My cars twin brother.... not identical but same SPD. Excellent work! You have what it takes Alan. Excellent work in a timely manner! I wish I could find that around here. Hard to find.

anlauto

44 hours so far...

Absolutely finished the underside today, exhaust installed rear axle and transmission filled, details taken care of. Car is back on the ground for good. I think I'll do the undercoat the very last thing, maybe even after the break in test miles....Might see if I can do it on a hoist at my mechanic's shop. The car goes there for alignment and tuning later.

Not much in the way of pictures....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

It was a nice day for working I bet you could have had the garage door open today?
Looking great as usual!  :clapping:

Cuda Cody

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on March 20, 2017, 03:31:27 PM
It was a nice day for working I bet you could have had the garage door open today?
Looking great as usual!  :clapping:

It's 80+ degrees in my garage everyday :D
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Shoooter

I do 44 hours and all I get is more confused lol looks great keep yhe pictures coming.

anlauto

Got all the windshield trim on today, some interior stuff as well as all the side glass. Not sure about adjusting the glass until the roof is back in place. :thinking:

Cuda Cody

@Spikedog08  this would be a great time to do your back glass since Alan just did his.  Are there any difference between a Hardtop and Convertible when it comes to the adjusting / install the quarter glass?   :notsure:

Alan, you really should have your own TV show.  :yes:

anlauto

1/4 glass installation is about 100 times easier without a roof :D

MOPAR FANATIC

awesome build alan,don't know how ya do it.bu ti ful job dude,wish i had the cash for you to do my 71 chally. :yes: :yes:

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 21, 2017, 02:34:19 PM
Alan, you really should have your own TV show.  :yes:

He already had his worldwide debut. Not to shabby for an "amateur restoration".

Rev-It-Up

Rev-It-Up

kdcarman

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on March 22, 2017, 07:08:11 AM
Amateur restoration   :haha: :rofl: :haha: :rofl: :haha: :rofl: :haha: :rofl:

:iagree: Alan the rock star until they call him an amateur at the end.  WTH 

JS29

I think you have Alan confused with some other mopar restorer that does have A television show!!!

anlauto

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on March 22, 2017, 07:08:11 AM
Amateur restoration   :haha: :rofl: :haha: :rofl: :haha: :rofl: :haha: :rofl:

I had a blast with Steve...what they "cut-off" was him busting a gut over my "I've been called worse" comment there on the end....He was all apologetic calling it an amateur restoration and we both had a pretty good laugh... :rofl: