Main Menu

Barnfind 1970 Barracuda

Started by soundcontrol, March 07, 2020, 01:28:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

Quote from: anlauto on June 22, 2020, 04:05:40 PM
JUST BEND THE SUPPORT over in the header panel until it lines up with the grill.

Thanks Alan, I'll try that, but it's gonna be a heavy bend and the bracket that sits there is straight now, it will be very crooked if I bend it that much near the point it is attached to the header panel. Too bad I gave away my original header panel to a friend (he needed parts of it), I could have measured if that bracket was welded in the wrong place on the AMD piece. (Probably the case) The bottom hole on that bracket is off also, not as much. Or I just leave it as is and move that middle bracket when I restore the car... At least I know it should fit now, and there is not different grille versions.

soundcontrol

I know the Barracuda is 2" shorter than the Challenger and the difference is somewhere in the rear...
Question is, does the floor carpet from my Challenger fit in the Barracuda,
front part probably fits, but the rear one?
I see there is a difference if you order a new one.

YellowThumper

Could there be a small connecting bracket traversing the 2 mounting holes??
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

anlauto

Quote from: soundcontrol on June 23, 2020, 08:15:57 AM
I know the Barracuda is 2" shorter than the Challenger and the difference is somewhere in the rear...
Question is, does the floor carpet from my Challenger fit in the Barracuda,
front part probably fits, but the rear one?
I see there is a difference if you order a new one.

The carpets over lap under the seat....I would think you wouldn't have any issues. Some carpets are sold as "E Body" and some are sold as Cuda or Challenger, might depend on what you have. 1970 is a one year only carpet because of the seat belt location.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Quote from: YellowThumper on June 23, 2020, 08:22:11 AM

Could do it that way, but I'll just wait until I restore for real and move the whole bracket so it fits.
It's a good habit to test fit EVERYTHING before paint I see. Found a lot of misfitting panel flanges on the Challenger also.

soundcontrol

Set up a time for my registration test now, Monday at 10 am. Before then everything has to work. Still have a few issues.
Test will cost me over 300 bucks, hope it passes, then I get Swedish license plates and can drive it in traffic.
Right now it stalls on idle, took the carb off, think there is a vacuum leak at the foot.

YellowThumper

Quote from: soundcontrol on June 23, 2020, 01:22:39 PM
Quote from: YellowThumper on June 23, 2020, 08:22:11 AM

Could do it that way, but I'll just wait until I restore for real and move the whole bracket so it fits.
It's a good habit to test fit EVERYTHING before paint I see. Found a lot of misfitting panel flanges on the Challenger also.
Yes for sure.
I found that out the hard way on an early Mustang I restored.  Mustang's are a dime a dozen. So I never gave it a thought that the purchase pieces would vary soooo much.

Mike.

Ebody Edgar

soundcontrol

First real test drive with the car. Walter P Chrysler riding shotgun.
Can't go too far, no plates, no insurance, lots of cops driving around here.
Everything seems to work. Powersteering leaks a little oil, added some "No Leak".
Very noisy without the interior and carpet.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/atp-at205

This is what I used on a power steering leak, no leaks in 2-1/2 years

soundcontrol

YES!
Passed both the registration and the safety/smog test. No remarks at all, and they check everything.
Added some E85 to the gas to get the CO 2 level down.
Now I'm getting license plates and can drive it legally.
In Sweden all cars have to be tested once per year, (every other year up to 10 years old, then every year).
But when a car passes 50 YO, it is considered a historical vehicle and no more testing required. (No road tax either)
So first and last time for the Barracuda.

RUNCHARGER

Awesome, similar deal here with old cars. It's getting to be troublesome with Thunderbirds and such as we can't find centrelinks for them anymore and they are always worn out.
Sheldon

DeathProofCuda

Love the video.  Reminds me of my car, which is also originally FY1 (Lemon Twist) but now wearing a matte black finish.  Cracked dash and and steering wheel also look familiar. 

YellowThumper

Congrats on the "legal" status. Now go out and enjoy.

Mike.