Main Menu

Barnfind 1970 Barracuda

Started by soundcontrol, March 07, 2020, 01:28:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Well worth the extra 4K.  So you found it in Sweden?   

I see it has the red piping on the interior panels.  That is one awesome interior. 

What's the rest of the fender tag? 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Shoooter

Cool project.  I would love to get a project that haven't been screwed with before

RUNCHARGER

Nice project. Pretty much complete and I like the floors.
Sheldon

soundcontrol

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 07, 2020, 03:43:59 PM
looks like the spare fender is from a FY1 V5X car also  :thinking: & it looks familiar

the drawing/picture on Legendary's site id from the trim catalog - ask them for a sample, I think they have the correct material

Great. I will ask them. Thanks!

soundcontrol

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 07, 2020, 07:26:38 PM
Well worth the extra 4K.  So you found it in Sweden?   

I see it has the red piping on the interior panels.  That is one awesome interior. 

What's the rest of the fender tag?

Yes, it comes from the Tennessee area, arrived in Sweden early 2020. I will ask more about it's origin when I pick it up, I will also get all the paperwork then.
Here is the tag.

soundcontrol

I need a complete grille if anyone has one for sale and can ship to Los Angeles.

soundcontrol

Picked up the Barracuda yesterday, the first cruise thru Stockholm.  :D

JS29

soundcontrol

Is the a stock mirror for a Gran Coupé?

And is the a good way to remove the grey primer from the original paint?
I tried paint thinner, acetone, some acid for boats, brake cleaner.
Acetone works best, with a lot of rubbing, but some yellow paint comes off also.
I have no idea why they put spots of primer all over the car, no damage under the spots I removed with acetone.

anlauto

That's the basic standard mirror that all E Bodies received  when no optional mirrors were ordered I believe.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71vert340

Did you try lacquer thinner to remove the primer?
Tery

cuda hunter

Lacquer thinner next, then try xylend/xylol. 

Both of those will remove yellow paint also so you have to be careful not to rub down too far.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

soundcontrol

Yep, tried Lacquer thinner, it's known as cellulose thinner in Sweden, acetone worked better.
Xylend/xylol, never heard of that, will try to find it. Thanks!

cuda hunter

xylene is the main ingredient in goof off.  Goof off is cut with alcohol. 

soundcontrol

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 22, 2020, 12:59:50 PM
xylene is the main ingredient in goof off.  Goof off is cut with alcohol.

One of my specialities! Goofing off.  8)