Main Menu

71 Challenger Restomod

Started by MoparJunkie, September 13, 2017, 08:51:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

Quote from: RzeroB on December 16, 2017, 04:20:12 PM
When bailing out of a project like this it's tempting to try and dump the whole enchilada as a discounted package deal, but financially you would probably get a better return on your overall investment if you have the time and patience to part it out piece by piece.  :alan2cents:
:iagree: :iagree:

MoparJunkie

Quote from: Roadman on December 16, 2017, 04:40:15 PM
Quote from: RzeroB on December 16, 2017, 04:20:12 PM
When bailing out of a project like this it's tempting to try and dump the whole enchilada as a discounted package deal, but financially you would probably get a better return on your overall investment if you have the time and patience to part it out piece by piece.  :alan2cents:
:iagree: :iagree:

:iagree: :iagree: as well lol.

Yup I understand that, I know I will lose some money no matter what but I'm willing to take a hit (Depending on how much) just to clear the space out. That's IF someone wants to buy the entire project or the vast majority of it. Which is highly unlikely. Likely one person will want the chassis, one the engine, etc. I will do my best to get the most out of it I can and hopefully the car gets finished one day!

MoparJunkie

Quote from: nsmall on December 16, 2017, 01:06:35 PM
Any chance you can get it running?  I'm thinking a running car with as many parts as possible installed will be more attractive.

Maybe try your luck on eBay, get some exposure?  Maybe try carsonline.com....Alan likes that site.  Good luck.  I like the color.

Zero chance I'm going to get this car running. The car is more affordable to some anyway as a project vs me putting it all together. It also gives someone else the opportunity to modify the project and make it more their own. I will be posting it on here and Craigslist locally. I'm steering away from eBay and everything else until I feel I've given Craigslist a good shot. Not a lot of E-body projects pop up on Craigslist in my area. So I think the car will sell just fine. I'm going to be patient and wait until spring time or tax season to sell it on Craigslist lol.

dave73

Quote from: MoparJunkie on December 17, 2017, 11:09:39 AM
Any chance you can get it running?  I'm thinking a running car with as many parts as possible installed will be more attractive.

Maybe try your luck on eBay, get some exposure?  Maybe try carsonline.com....Alan likes that site.  Good luck.  I like the color.

Zero chance I'm going to get this car running. The car is more affordable to some anyway as a project vs me putting it all together. It also gives someone else the opportunity to modify the project and make it more their own. I will be posting it on here and Craigslist locally. I'm steering away from eBay and everything else until I feel I've given Craigslist a good shot. Not a lot of E-body projects pop up on Craigslist in my area. So I think the car will sell just fine. I'm going to be patient and wait until spring time or tax season to sell it on Craigslist lol.

My  :alan2cents: is you'll probably get more exposure and a better chance of getting the most out of your money on ebay. I've sold stuff on both and on craigslist you really need to weed through the bs, you are going to get a bunch of people contacting you that have no intentions of buying or want you to pay them to help you sell it.

MoparJunkie

Quote from: dave73chally on December 18, 2017, 05:42:03 AM
Quote from: MoparJunkie on December 17, 2017, 11:09:39 AM

My  :alan2cents: is you'll probably get more exposure and a better chance of getting the most out of your money on ebay. I've sold stuff on both and on craigslist you really need to weed through the bs, you are going to get a bunch of people contacting you that have no intentions of buying or want you to pay them to help you sell it.

Nope, I get that. I've sold plenty of stuff on Craigslist before and I've weeded threw many "buyers" until I found the real buyer. Problem with Ebay is that usually I go threw Paypal, but with selling a car I don't want to do that. That's more money I lose threw Paypal (And Ebay) from their fees and I've heard of too many horror stories where the person gets their money back and keeps the product. Paypal protects the buyer and doesn't seem to care about the seller.

So if I go threw Ebay with the car can you suggest the smartest form of payment? I'd just prefer selling the car locally, I've never sold a car off Ebay before and I don't want to get screwed over for it. I'm guessing you are suggesting to sell just the chassis and not everything as a whole.