EV2 - 1971 Barracuda

Started by Claudia, June 21, 2017, 07:30:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Claudia

Claudia

Claudia

Claudia

Cuda Cody

Very cool!  You are seriously almost done.  When is the planned first drive?

Claudia

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 22, 2017, 07:50:47 AM
Very cool!  You are seriously almost done.  When is the planned first drive?

Maybe yet this summer / fall.  :fingerscrossed:
If not then it will have to be next year.

Claudia

Claudia

Cuda Cody

The interior cleaned up nicely.  You are so close to being done.   :yes:  Make a push to get her on the road this year.    :bigthumb:  Going to be a big day to drive it for the first time.  Nervous, excited, cautious and so many other feelings all at once.  It's hard to describe the feeling of driving a car for the first time after you restore it.  Something a person has to feel to fully understand it.  Everyone who restores a car joins a special group of people that gets to feel those feelings.

Claudia

Claudia

Claudia

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 22, 2017, 08:42:50 AM
The interior cleaned up nicely.  You are so close to being done.   :yes:  Make a push to get her on the road this year.    :bigthumb:  Going to be a big day to drive it for the first time.  Nervous, excited, cautious and so many other feelings all at once.  It's hard to describe the feeling of driving a car for the first time after you restore it.  Something a person has to feel to fully understand it.  Everyone who restores a car joins a special group of people that gets to feel those feelings.

Yep . . . can't wait to join!  :veryexcited:

larry4406

Very nice work and car!

Looks like you painted it in your own garage.  What kind of pseudo paint booth did you make?

Claudia

Quote from: larry4406 on June 23, 2017, 02:58:30 AM
Very nice work and car!

Looks like you painted it in your own garage.  What kind of pseudo paint booth did you make?

Thank you!  Yes, I did paint the car in my garage.  I didn't us anything special, just hung up some tacky plastic on the walls, wet the floor down, turned on a floor fan and went to town.

larry4406

Quote from: Claudia on June 23, 2017, 04:40:12 AM
Quote from: larry4406 on June 23, 2017, 02:58:30 AM
Very nice work and car!

Thank you!  Yes, I did paint the car in my garage.  I didn't us anything special, just hung up some tacky plastic on the walls, wet the floor down, turned on a floor fan and went to town.

Nice!  There is hope for me after all