Main Menu

EV2 - 1971 Barracuda

Started by Claudia, June 21, 2017, 07:30:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

usraptor

WOW! You definitely aren't letting any grass grow under you feet on this build!  :worship: :clapping: You'll be done and driving in no time.   :driving:

Cuda70-74

Nice project it's coming along well. Question were the 71 cuda grill painted the same color as the body from the factory or is it something new
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Chryco Psycho

It is coming along nicely , looking great  :cool:

Claudia

Quote from: usraptor on July 17, 2017, 07:21:43 PM
WOW! You definitely aren't letting any grass grow under you feet on this build!  :worship: :clapping: You'll be done and driving in no time.   :driving:

Definitely trying to get her back on the road as soon as I can.

Claudia

Quote from: Cuda70-74 on July 17, 2017, 07:37:41 PM
Nice project it's coming along well. Question were the 71 cuda grill painted the same color as the body from the factory or is it something new

While I am no expert . . . from what I can gather . . .

If the grill was argent silver from the factory, so was the lower valence insert.
If the grill was painted to match the body from the factory, so was the lower valence insert.
All elastomeric bumper cars had painted to match grills.

'71 Barracuda models did not have painted to match grills.
'71 Cuda models had painted to match grills that were available in the following color codes:

FJ6
GY3
FC7
GW3
EV2
GB5
GF7
GK6
FE5

Painted to match grills were standard on Cuda models through the build date of 8-8-70.
After this date the painted to match grills were optional.

Claudia

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 18, 2017, 04:34:44 AM
It is coming along nicely , looking great  :cool:

Thank you Chryco Psycho!  She is coming along!

anlauto

Quote from: Claudia on July 18, 2017, 05:06:18 AM

If the grill was argent silver from the factory, so was the lower valence insert.
If the grill was painted to match the body from the factory, so was the lower valence insert.

'71 Cuda models had painted to match grills that were available in the following color codes:

FJ6
GY3
FC7
GW3
EV2
GB5
GF7
GK6
FE5

Painted to match grills were standard on Cuda models through the build date of 8-8-70.

I'm no expert either and I agree with most of this info except two comments are not correct in my opinion: 

1) All elastomeric bumper cars had painted to match grills. Not True
2) After this date the painted to match grills were optional. Not True
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

usraptor

Quote from: anlauto on July 18, 2017, 05:21:01 AM

FJ6
GY3
FC7
GW3
EV2
GB5
GF7
GK6
FE5

I'm no expert either and I agree with most of this info except two comments are not correct in my opinion: 

Alan is correct.  I factory ordered a 1970 Cuda in Oct 1969 with the front body colored elastomeric bumper.  As you can see in the attached pictured the grille was argent silver.

ec_co

it hurt a little to see the manual changed over. but that is a damn nice build, you are knocking it OUT!! what exactly is the color you went with? it seems to change color quite a bit depending on light and angle. really nice job   :clapping:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

RUNCHARGER

Ev2 to blue and manual to automatic? I missed that.
Sheldon

76orangewagon

Personally I'm a fan of EV2 but the blue is a close second and your really looks great, since you did all that work to change the why did you decide to paint the engine compartment and trunk Black instead of body color ?

Claudia

Quote from: usraptor on August 03, 2017, 05:48:15 PM
Quote from: anlauto on July 18, 2017, 05:21:01 AM

FJ6
GY3
FC7
GW3
EV2
GB5
GF7
GK6
FE5

Alan is correct.  I factory ordered a 1970 Cuda in Oct 1969 with the front body colored elastomeric bumper.  As you can see in the attached pictured the grille was argent silver.

Just so we are all on the same page and to try to avoid more confusion . . . I was only referencing 1971.

Claudia

Quote from: ec_co on August 03, 2017, 06:13:12 PM
it hurt a little to see the manual changed over. but that is a damn nice build, you are knocking it OUT!! what exactly is the color you went with? it seems to change color quite a bit depending on light and angle. really nice job   :clapping:

Yeah, it's not for everyone.
Thank you!
Base color started out as Marathon Blue Effect and was customized out from that. 
It contains multiple flop agents which lends to it's color changing depending on the light.

Claudia

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 03, 2017, 06:55:53 PM
Ev2 to blue and manual to automatic? I missed that.

Yes . . . in both cases.

Claudia

Quote from: 76orangewagon on August 04, 2017, 05:57:14 AM
Personally I'm a fan of EV2 but the blue is a close second and your really looks great, since you did all that work to change the why did you decide to paint the engine compartment and trunk Black instead of body color ?

I also liked the EV2 at first but I liked the blue better.
Thank you!
Honestly, I just think that the engine bay and trunk look better black.
No other real reason.