Main Menu

F8 GranCoupe Convertible

Started by GCragtop, February 02, 2018, 10:26:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GCragtop

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 03, 2018, 07:18:00 PM
the drawing was created 2/5/69

the note #1 (omitting the requirement for black paint on TX9, EB7, EF8) was added 8/14/69 - it took some time for changes to get implemented on the line & there are employees/cars known to not follow directions/norm

how early is the GC?  can you share the fender tag info?

Original tag is long gone, but I have a BS. Do you know when they actually started production?

6bblgt

IMO your car was the 3,436th "job" started on assembly Line #1 for the 1970 model year at the Hamtramck, MI assembly plant.

I've seen a document for the '71 model year that the first job completed off the line was planned for ~8/11 - I'll "ASSUME" 1970 model year was similar  :dunno:

Did the GC still have its original door sticker?  if so, what's the date - how about the date off the k-frame or wiper motor

I don't have a specific unit number split between August/September assembly Line #1 - I have a large 2,000 car gap between 3263 & 5206

https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/actual-production-date-vs-scheduled-production-date/810/

6bblgt

the "P6" premium vinyl '70 Gran Coupe interiors are my favorite e-body interiors  :yes:

GCragtop

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 03, 2018, 11:46:43 PM
IMO your car was the 3,436th "job" started on assembly Line #1 for the 1970 model year at the Hamtramck, MI assembly plant.

I've seen a document for the '71 model year that the first job completed off the line was planned for ~8/11 - I'll "ASSUME" 1970 model year was similar  :dunno:

Did the GC still have its original door sticker?  if so, what's the date - how about the date off the k-frame or wiper motor

I don't have a specific unit number split between August/September assembly Line #1 - I have a large 2,000 car gap between 3263 & 5206

https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/actual-production-date-vs-scheduled-production-date/810/

Yep, sticker is still there. 8-1969

GCragtop

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 03, 2018, 11:51:46 PM
the "P6" premium vinyl '70 Gran Coupe interiors are my favorite e-body interiors  :yes:
I like it too, but sad that no green panels available/extremely hard to find.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: GCragtop on February 04, 2018, 03:12:24 AM

How are your rear interior panels? Are they usable?

C_B5

Production of the 1970 e-bodies started in Aug 1969.
IIRC some of the pilot and cars used for promo/photo shoots or body in white cars were built very early August (1st week). I'm sure Dan (6bblgt) can confirm this.

Another note, Many of the early production e-bodies from Aug & Sept 1969 have buildsheets printed on the 1969 buildsheet and NOT the revised version for the 1970 model.

Interesting that this car uses the 1970 builsheet considering it's build date of Aug 29th

6bblgt

"pilot" cars = PRE-PRODUCTION built months/weeks before model year production started at the assembly plants

"promo" cars = dealer announcement meeting show cars, scheduled 801 for CAN.  & 802 for US. but built mid-August

the use of "left over" 1969 broadcast sheet forms occurred mid-September '69 production thru the third week of October

wingcarenvy

Sweet GC. That will be a different and beautiful car  :bigthumb:

GCragtop

Quote from: Cuda_mark on February 04, 2018, 07:12:30 AM
Quote from: GCragtop on February 04, 2018, 03:12:24 AM

How are your rear interior panels? Are they usable?

They are not usable. I have one pair of white ones too, but not good enough for this car. 

GCragtop

Doors, fenders, etc assembled, looks like a car again.

GCragtop

Grille black out done too, turned out pretty nice.

anlauto

Looks great with a flat hood doesn't it @ErikR  :yes: :rofl:

(inside joke)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

xx88man

You are doing a great job! I love your car....unique and very cool!   :bravo:
Keep yer foot in it