Main Menu

Inherited Family Owned 1970 AAR - Limelight Build

Started by FIAARMN, April 23, 2020, 05:42:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

I wouldn't swap out the ignition parts, I've spent lots of money on new ignition parts (distributors, MSD, Mopar Performance parts) and it pretty much all fails way before it should (like half a season at best). No experience with the FBO stuff so maybe it's better.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

FIAARMN

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on August 16, 2020, 01:35:19 PM
Congrats on getting it fired up  :cooldance:

Thanks, it was great...... thing sounded so old school cool!
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

YellowThumper

All you may need to do is remove the top plate, check springs and clean old dry gunk to free up again.
If original. Keep it original.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: YellowThumper on August 17, 2020, 08:49:51 AM
All you may need to do is remove the top plate, check springs and clean old dry gunk to free up again.
If original. Keep it original.

Car should have a Prestolite Dual point... It has an early DC Electronic ignition..  Still a useable piece but not original.... The early DC had a weird advance curve prone to these kind of issues.... Personally I'd order this...

https://www.ebay.com/i/323937664457?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=323937664457&targetid=935065067707&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9032274&poi=&campaignid=10756921129&mkgroupid=104099362697&rlsatarget=pla-935065067707&abcId=9300384&merchantid=6296724&gclid=CjwKCAjw1ej5BRBhEiwAfHyh1BrscCmdz7tgkFopcJ13qKI39YQAj8iXaz6D6B0dTO029IW2F-iIOhoCZVUQAvD_BwE

And fix whats already there...

FIAARMN

Fires Forced Evacuation at 3:30am when the PD knocked on the door for all of us to get out. Had no time to take the Cuda or many other valuables and my jeep.......  2 days later, back in to assess the damage.... House, Cuda and Jeep made it   :grouphug:

But many people lost everything, homes, cars, live stock and so much more. My heart goes out to all of them

The fires rage on, so needless to say the cuda will on hold for a while
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

Chryco Psycho

I am happy you & the Cuda are OK , too bad about others

RUNCHARGER

Glad you're okay. I lived through that too. Took the Hemi Coronet but the Orange Challenger was in pieces and uninsured, that was a troubling week. Stored the car at work and we could see the smoke and helicopters fighting the blaze.
Sheldon

floorit426

I get very nervous, if the car is not up and running, this time of year. I took mine off the mountain, the other day, for safe storage, at a friends shop. First, though, I had to finish putting it back together. Talk about motivation!

FIAARMN

Yes indeed, pretty nerve racking......

Car is now moved to a different location anyways........ I have to be out of my house in a couple of weeks because its been sold.... that was the scary thing too, house sold and car left behind when we evacuated.........

Will be living in my RV at the in laws property until my new house is ready in December!!!!!!

FIAARMN

The new set up is in........ at least in my hands...... Hope to get it on the car in a couple of weeks

FIAARMN

Been some time, with the evacuation of the fires, my home sold and moving into my trailer on the property until the house is built finally got the distributor in and now she is running.   Set timing and all is good, but I know the crabs need to be set up properly. So until the guy I have can come over, there isn't any more updates.

She is running, and she idles, O SO  :yes: Sweet Sounding!

71vert340

Sorry. I had to chuckle when you said the "crabs" need to be set up properly.  :). Glad you have it running. Hopefully, it's all good from here on.
Terry

RUNCHARGER

Good news, it's always  nice to have them running and driveable.
Sheldon

FIAARMN