Main Menu

inherited Family Owned 1970 AAR - Limelight

Started by FIAARMN, March 28, 2020, 11:26:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FIAARMN

The name FIAARMN can from the Uncle who passed and it was his brother that bought it new as the Original Owner.  When his brother passed, the car was given to him. Now he has passed, and it is passed down. He was a Fireman so it was only fitting to give it the tag name FIAARMN.

Car is pictured below and currently has the center carburetor off. As far as I know it is all matching numbers, been in the family since new and I am actively researching it. I discovered it has a Rally Instrument Cluster, White interior and appears to be Limelight Green.

Plans are to get her running and then go from there. It ran a few years ago, to my knowledge.

Really looking forward to researching the fender tag and so forth and really learning all I can about the AAR.
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

1 Wild R/T

Nice inheritance, sorry about your uncle... FJ5 rally dash & 4spd to bad it didn't get the rubber bumpers...

FIAARMN

Thank you.... Are the 4 spd's or the auto's more common?
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

1 Wild R/T

FIAARMN

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on March 28, 2020, 11:44:33 PM
1120 4 Spd
2724 Auto

I just came back t say I researched and found out the answer, thanks 1 Wild for the reply

1 Wild R/T

Brads70

Welcome to the site! Beautiful car! If you post a picture of the fender tag I'm sure others on here can tell you much more about it!  It must have been " restored" at some point in it's life. Do you have the air cleaner assembly? They can be expensive to track down a replacement. When did it run last?

Fastmark

Welcome to the site. That's a nice car. Do you have any extra parts. Since is is in the original family, hopefully you still have the original carbs and air cleaner. Those carbs are aftermarket mechanical versions that were popular changes. You should have carb numbers of 4789,4790 and 4791.

kdcarman

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the site @FIAARMN   Very cool Cuda.  Here's a good place to start for fender tag info.

https://decoder.e-bodies.org/1970-mopar-fender-tag-decoder/

anlauto

Welcome to the best E Body site in the world...Your car looks like it needs a little work, but you have a great start there...and if cash is your thing, you'll have no troubles selling it :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah.  Great car.  Looking forward to seeing you getting it running. Just curious, how many miles does it have on it?

RUNCHARGER

Cool story, great car. I'm a fan of any colour T/A or AAR with the combo of rallye dash and 4 speed.
Sheldon

Topcat

:welcome: FIAARMN.

We have quite a few members in the Bay area.

Please add yourself to the Map.   https://forum.e-bodies.org/googlemap/

superdave

So sorry for your lost. They left you a fantastic car with a great story behind it. Four speed AARs are near the top of e-body desirability. Personally LimeLight is one of my favorite Mopar colors and I prefer a white interior as well however many don't care for those colors. I hope you enjoy it for many years. :cheers: 8)