Main Menu

Shaker Bubble

Started by StanP, November 07, 2020, 02:18:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparCarGuy

The XV Motorsports looked like this. May not be available anymore.

StanP

Thanks for the info. I found that Summit offers a Mopar Performance Shaker Hood Scoop Kit and may be an option for my needs.

anlauto

Quote from: StanP on November 07, 2020, 02:18:45 PM
Any recommendations for a Shaker Bubble for a restoration project? I am in the process of making significant changes to a 1973 Plymouth Barracuda that I've owned since 1975. The car now has new AMD front quarter panels with gill plates installed along with an AMD Shaker hood. Looking for recommendations on a Shaker Bubble for the car. The plan is to install a crate 392 Hemi in the car this spring (2021) and mount the bubble to the engine (not the hood). I've started to look around at options and one is Tommy the Chryo. Thoughts on this product or any suggestions/considerations/pitfalls about this modification.... much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I will now be doing the same thing on my latest project....mounting Tommy's bubble to a crate 392. :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RacerX

Quote from: StanP on December 22, 2020, 03:47:39 PM
Thanks for the info. I found that Summit offers a Mopar Performance Shaker Hood Scoop Kit and may be an option for my needs.

If you are looking at Mopar Performance Shaker Hood Scoop Kit P82214586AB that appears to be
for late model Challengers.  I would expect the shaker bubble has a different shape than the 'cuda
shaker hood.

I am looking at doing this to my 'cuda also with a G3 hemi and the path of least resistance seems
to be the OEM style shaker setup (al la Tommy the Chryco) and ditching the stock intake for
something like this:

http://ocperformanceparts.com/the_1st_single_4bbl_gen_3_hemi_dual_plane

Requires the addition of a throttle-only throttle body (holley, etc) but then you have the same
mounting options as any 4 barrel carb and one of the 4 barrel shaker adapters should be
easily adaptable.   

Would look the most like stock, performance change minimal, and the scoop is functional using
OEM parts...