Main Menu

Sarcophagus 1970 440 RT Find

Started by 7E-Bodies, July 13, 2018, 08:46:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

Per Cuda Cody's request, I'm sharing a recent find.  From 30 years total in heated storage, this 1970 Challenger RT has found its way (via a heavily overloaded truck/trailer) to my shop, 500 miles from its hiding place.  It's is a fully numbers matched, 440 Auto, EF8 quad green with almost like new original interior and rallye dash that looks new as well.  Car was put away with 64k very gentle miles, running strong and looking pampered, with almost all original parts, two build sheets and fender tag.  Owner had stripped the car (not dipped) to bare metal, top and bottom, repaired very minor rust and stored it in epoxy.  Frame is solid.  Having body, paint and mechanical experience and having had 8 other e-bodies, I'll begin the come-back almost immediately after sorting, inventory, protection and systematic organizing of all parts.  I'll of course take it all back down to bare metal again.  Engine turns by hand when plugs removed and looks amazing.  Hughes Engines has agreed to assist with engine and the plan is to remain original as possible.  I'm thrilled to be bringing this relic back to its original format and pleased to share it here.  Comments, advice, and questions always appreciated.  Kevin.   
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

7E-Bodies

One of two build sheets found...

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

dodgemania

xx88man

Great find...I love it! Congrats.    :wowzers:
Keep yer foot in it

Cuda Cody

Fantastic find buddy!!!!   :banana:   :wowzers:

JS29

7E-Bodies

Help me here...so why am I seeing a half dozen pics of my rim blow steering wheel on my post when I know I only posted one?  Or is it my older iPad 3 that Apple no longer provides upgrades for?

1 Wild R/T

dodgemania

superdave

Jay Bee

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on July 14, 2018, 07:36:52 AM
Help me here...so why am I seeing a half dozen pics of my rim blow steering wheel on my post when I know I only posted one?  Or is it my older iPad 3 that Apple no longer provides upgrades for?
Posting this from my iPad 1 and I only see one, same with my Win7 desktop. Nice score on the car BTW.

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: Well, that is a good looking steering wheel. I only see one wheel image as well, along with other images.
Sheldon

blown motor

Question: If the car was already stripped, rust repaired and epoxied then why would you strip it again? Just trying to learn.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel