Main Menu

Cuda door and side window replacement

Started by Spikedog08, January 20, 2017, 11:45:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

First 2 pages of this thread should answer most your questions. Plenty of pics and how to's.  :alan2cents:

Jbaker

Has anyone found reproduction window up stop brackets for the 70/71doors? My doors were empty when purchased . I can only find the rubber pads for them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RJChallenger

Do you need all four up stops and bolts?

Jbaker

JpRngr

So.. starting to tackle this and was curious if the rubber guide strip inside the channel on the lower triangle piece is available. Or if I need to purchase the whole triangle, and if so, from where? Passenger side's in great shape, driver's isn't.

Corey

JpRngr

anlauto

I've never seen any type of replacement for that guide.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JpRngr

Quote from: anlauto on February 15, 2019, 05:12:07 AM
I've never seen any type of replacement for that guide.

So, what do you use when you find trashed rubber in one of them? Is there a generic weatherstripping that will work?

anlauto

What would "I" do ?  I would find another triangle piece with good felt. They are not that hard to find and don't usually get destroyed. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

HP_Cuda

This felt in this piece?

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

RJChallenger

JpRngr

Quote from: HP_Cuda on February 15, 2019, 01:29:10 PM

This felt in this piece?

That's the piece. Is it supposed to be felt in the track? Mine have rubber.

RJChallenger

On my piece that I have , it's rubber backed felt.

JpRngr

So, have to ask, are the 70 brackets the same as the 74 brackets? Seeing as how the rollers changed, did these also? Or did someone just replace the felt in mine with rubber?

anlauto

I've never seen rubber, and to me it doesn't make sense being there because rubber would cause friction when operating the window. :alan2cents: