Main Menu

Cuda door and side window replacement

Started by Spikedog08, January 20, 2017, 11:45:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

quapman

Goody, did you check to see if the slide in the horizontal track is hitting the track bolt?

Also, try adjusting the short track that has the regulator roller in it. It could also be in upside-down.

quapman

I'm working on a 71 that a po super-genius took the glass out of. I bought the plastic parts kit from Van's Auto, but where do I get the metal parts that might be missing? I ignorantly thought this would be a "complete" kit. At least I have the triangle pieces and the tracks appear to still be in the doors.

Can "paper" washers be made from thin high density foam?

As an unrelated comment, this is an A/C car with CLEAR side glass. Tinted windshield only. There goes your "All A/C cars have tinted glass" theory.

anlauto

I had a 1971 Cuda with A/C coded G21 for "clear glass with AC"
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

quapman

One more thing...does anyone have pics of ALL the correct hardware and horizontal track assembled on one door glass? All these small, through the door pics really aren't connecting to my limited brain cells.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-70-71-72-E-Body-Cuda-Challenger-Door-Window-Roller-Hardware-Kit-NEW/362099003778?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This is the kit I got.

nsmall

Quote from: anlauto on March 04, 2017, 09:08:17 AM
Here's how I do it....I love installing E Body door glass it's my favorite part of the re-assembly. :inlove:

Assemble all the latches, rods, handles, etc...first.
Install the regulator with the horizontal track on it.
Install the rear track (the one in question here)
Install the large front track lower "L" bracket only.

Then slide the front track on the glass and hold it with your hand while you slide the glass in. Hook the glass on the rear track, bolt in the front track and horizontal track and away you go...

Install the upstops, window guides and the window fuzzie.

@anlauto

So just to confirm I can install the two items in the pictures below after the glass is in the door?  Thanks

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Hey...I'm just glad he's not wearing socks with his sandals  :bigthumb:

nsmall

Thanks guys and please stop fighting.  I'm not worth it.

HP_Cuda

Alan and I are not fightinging, just havin some fun.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

71TA

Hey Alan or Cody, do either of you guys have one of the paper gaskets that I can use as a template to duplicate those?

Quote from: quapman on October 20, 2017, 03:42:56 AM
I'm working on a 71 that a po super-genius took the glass out of. I bought the plastic parts kit from Van's Auto, but where do I get the metal parts that might be missing? I ignorantly thought this would be a "complete" kit. At least I have the triangle pieces and the tracks appear to still be in the doors.

Can "paper" washers be made from thin high density foam?

As an unrelated comment, this is an A/C car with CLEAR side glass. Tinted windshield only. There goes your "All A/C cars have tinted glass" theory.

MattH

Just found this forum and this thread in particular has saved my day! I got the repair kit for my window runners for my 73/70 Challenger Sam Posey tribute car in the UK but was struggling to work out how to fit it all to stop my glass dropping into the door.

This helped no end and Ive got the whole thing back together and a functioning door glass again.
I did have to grind off the glass channel ball joints and hammer the new ones in place.

Thank you all.

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the site @MattH   :welcome:  Hey @Brads70  check out his cool car!   :wowzers:

Spikedog08

I think this thread has helped a lot of people . . Me for sure!   :worship:  welcome!,
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda73

I'm in need of door side glass install I ordered all new parts but need a diagram on how to install the new parts and glass I bought my 73 cuda without the glass installed it was removed by the old owner any suggestions were to look or someone have a pic of a install pic thanks in advance