Main Menu

Cuda door and side window replacement

Started by Spikedog08, January 20, 2017, 11:45:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RJChallenger

@JpRngr here is a picture of the bolts and spring for the 1/4 window that you need  I checked R/T specialties and see no bolts or springs that are available . you would either have to modify/machine one of the larger bolts to fit or like everyone else and go to all the local swap meets and look in every box of stuff for the bolts etc. Maybe other members will have spare bolts springs. Good luck

Shoooter

How do you replace the quarter glass from the regulator. Is there a trick to getting the glass apart from the stainless part? I have new glass to put in and cant seem to get them apart

anlauto

Drill out the rivets that hold the stainless to the casted bottom piece...then just pull the stainless off of the glass :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6Pack70

I have my rusted original, but completely functional 1970 pass side door with glass. (Scratched of course). I have no guts or glass for my drivers door.  Couple questions....are all E body door glass tracks the same? Or is 1970 unique?   Also, where is everyone buying their door and quarter glass? It's looking like I'll be purchasing all new glass and a driver's side cuda door for its internals.  Thanks in advance for any help.  This is an excellent and very helpful thread.  :worship:

Chaos-N-Mayhem

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

HP_Cuda

Quarter glass is now gone.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Mr Lee

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on July 27, 2017, 04:49:53 AM
Quote from: anlauto on July 27, 2017, 04:00:30 AM
Does your interior panel fit ? Because I'm guessing you have the regulator in the wrong "square" hole.

It does fit, its in the lower square hole. Thanks

---------------------

I realize this thread is old and you probably got it figured it out by now, but I am just getting to read this thread now as I was searching for tips in anticipation of installing my glass. 

Isn't the regulator in the wrong square hole?  Doesn't it go in the upper hole?   
And why are there two holes?  Is one for power windows?
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Swamp Donkey

Any ideas on where these go?  I found the white plastic washer on the floor behind my car where I was carrying the parts from the drivers door.  Also the black piece looks like is was torn.  But not really sure where is goes anyway.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Yeya93

What rivets are spoken of to remove the stainless steel from the quarter window?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Bushtroop

I signed up in 2018. This is my first effort at posting. Heart Disease has derailed my restoration efforts until recently. Most would consider me old. I am trying to fill a 40 year old hole in my heart that was caused when I had to sell my 73 Cuda, I had finished bringing back to life, 6 months before, in order to pay for my little kids. THIS 73 Barracuda has a lot of trouble.

In this matter, the right door window was rolled down and won't come back up. The original glass is so cruddy, I can't see through it but it seems likely it is out of the track. The upper glass is pressing against the outside of the door window opening and showing about 1-2 inches of glass.

Is there a neat gee whiz trick to remedying this?

I carpenter and do a lot of things quite well. I've maintained my own vehicles all my life. But at this point I am not even sure I can remove the window stop at the bottom of the door without damaging the tab. I have reprints of factory manuals for this car, and quite a few vintage manuals as well but nothing has the kind of information you folks share. Aside from your vast experience are there any sources for this type of information, either in print or internet based? I have been searching for a few years now.
Bushtroop It's an Alaska thing.

anlauto

Quote from: Yeya93 on March 29, 2021, 08:54:15 PM
What rivets are spoken of to remove the stainless steel from the quarter window?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

That's a 1970 piece, there no rivets, only those two screws :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JS29

Right DOOR glass, not quarter glass.  :no: It sounds like it jumped the front track. You may want to find  a helper. Worst case scenario go talk to someone at a glass shop to help.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

I was answering post #144 where the person was asking about rivets on the 1/4 window....those are his pictures even... :dunno:

EB3-GranCoupe