Main Menu

Cuda door and side window replacement

Started by Spikedog08, January 20, 2017, 11:45:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

HP_Cuda

Funny doesn't it look like this out of the car?

Hint: circled in orange.  :unitedstates:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

:rofl:  I don't know, go ahead and send it to me and I'll take a closer look.   :rofl:  (I can never find enough of those washers.  They're always missing!)

Quote from: HP_Cuda on January 20, 2017, 01:46:33 PM

HP_Cuda

Sure just send a cashiers check for 15k or hell just a T/A project will do... :yes:

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 20, 2017, 01:50:06 PM
:rofl:  I don't know, go ahead and send it to me and I'll take a closer look.   :rofl:  (I can never find enough of those washers.  They're always missing!)

Quote from: HP_Cuda on January 20, 2017, 01:46:33 PM

Spikedog08

So is this metal washer on both ends or just where the metal triangle piece is?  And all bolts that go through the glass need a rubber sleeve . . .  :thinking:  I will have to do some digging and see if I can find these washers.  I guess I can go and look in the extra pair of doors that I have at my moms. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

Metal washer only on the triangle plate end. The other end has a nylon insert in the window, which is in your picture. :bradsthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

So if I can't find these washers . .  Does anyone sell them?   I'm gonna dig through my parts bin but I doubt I'll find one . . Wouldn't surprise me if I need one for the other side as well . . .  :dunno:

Cuda Cody

@Spikedog08 the 2 places I would look is

https://www.amkproducts.com/bulk2.asp?code=8910&title=Washers+-+Cupped
https://www.amkproducts.com/bulk1.asp
Davod at Roseville can order you the AMK stuff

and check here:

http://www.rtspecialties.net/

Quote from: Spikedog08 on January 21, 2017, 09:00:18 AM
So if I can't find these washers . .  Does anyone sell them?   I'm gonna dig through my parts bin but I doubt I'll find one . . Wouldn't surprise me if I need one for the other side as well . . .  :dunno:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

And you can keep an eye on ebay for parts piles like this....  [ebay]182428201070[/ebay]

Spikedog08

Quote from: anlauto on January 21, 2017, 09:22:38 AM
Look in the bottom of your door :alan2cents:

I will look through the vacuum and see what I can find . . . Cleaned the bottom of the door pretty good already . . .

Spikedog08

After looking through your links, I need to go to the hardware store and see what I can find.  I have a hardware store in my little town here that has an incredible amount of nuts and bolts!  Pretty much everything! 

Spikedog08

So I have the drivers side door glass installed and most of the adjustments lose but it is really hard to roll up?  I got it about half way but stopped as I don't want to break it.  So what are the tricks I need to know to get this aligned properly?  Do I need to lube the tracks with anything?  I still have some of the guides with the fur on them out . . . If that matters . .

Cuda Cody

It should not be binding at all if it's all loose on the adjustments.   :thinking:

Cuda Cody

I use white lithium grease (not the spray type) on the tracks before I put them together.  You need to find what is binding.  It's only going to get worse once you tighten everything up.

HP_Cuda