Main Menu

Door glass help needed - 70 Challenger

Started by GerryThal, July 23, 2020, 03:19:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GerryThal

I am now stuck on the quarter glass - all the pictures / posts I have seen have the Ebody quarter glass trim attached with 2 screws - well mine has 2 rivets... I suppose you have to drill out the rivets to replace the glass - but where do you get thereplacement rivets ?

GerryThal

Another question - I noticed on my passenger door glass that the slide bolts have an o-ring and two teflon washers on them. However my drivers door (Early 1970) didnt have these two items (o-ring & teflon washers)... do I need to "upgrade" the drivers door glass?   Thank you

anlauto

Quote from: GerryThal on September 21, 2020, 04:47:30 AM
I am now stuck on the quarter glass - all the pictures / posts I have seen have the Ebody quarter glass trim attached with 2 screws - well mine has 2 rivets... I suppose you have to drill out the rivets to replace the glass - but where do you get thereplacement rivets ?

I just did a set of these for a 1971 Cuda and used regular pop rivets in from one side :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GerryThal

Thanks again anlauto, should I use steel or aluminum rivets?

Scooter

Quote from: GerryThal on September 21, 2020, 04:12:58 PM
Thanks again anlauto, should I use steel or aluminum rivets?

Is there any reason not to just use 2 screws?  :dunno:

GerryThal

Does anyone happen to know where the parts on "reply 29" go?

Also, can someone tell me the specs on the fasteners for the horizontal track? One is a phillips head, and the other is a 1/4" bolt.... where can I purchase 1 each of these??

Thank you very much for your help !!

anlauto

I'm not sure what those in #29 are either :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Odin

Quote from: GerryThal on September 21, 2020, 04:43:22 AM
Is that what these are?
I got these in the window rebuild kit, and don't know where thy go...
No but I found what I needed and fixed it just in time.  Thanks!