Main Menu

AMD Installation Center/ Auto Metal Direct

Started by Chaos-N-Mayhem, July 18, 2017, 04:59:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chaos-N-Mayhem

I totally agree. The pro's to going this route is having a highly reputable shop do the work that is very similiar to how the factory may have done it. Plus I feel in some ways the the new sheet metal is an advantage. Additionally, as we went along I felt more compelled to replace adjacent panels with new sheet metal that otherwise may have only needed very small patchwork.

Of course there are con's as well. In many respects having a shop that does repairs on panels rather than replace them can save money. Especially for panels that you have to remove several other adjacent panels to get to. Or in my case sheet metal that is not made in the aftermarket.

If I was to do it again, I would have loved to have a guy like you have Alan that could have repaired my windshield header and converted my new quarters to convertible quarters. We spoke about the cost and going the Ken H route was extremely costly for me, not to mention the $2500 header we got had rust holes in it and required additional repair. The quarters were nice, but in the future I would take a different route.

CudaMoparRay

This thread has been and continues to be extremely instructive in the do's and don't s and complexities of reconstructing our cars.

Chaos-N-Mayhem

Thank you. It was meant to help people in similiar situation. When I first looked for myself, there wasn't a lot of recent info. They had a ton of magazine coverage and tv credits but I still felt I needed more info as I expected my pocket book would be really tight with the size work needed. So I figured if I did it I would share the knowledge so others wouldn't have to go in blind.

Hopefully, fellow member Car Nutt has a good experience and can share any insight/ tips from his perspective. I'm just glad to be part of this Mopar community.