Main Menu

Inner frame rail sealing

Started by fireguyfire, June 10, 2020, 09:44:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

fireguyfire

I'm curious what you guys and gals use to seal up the inside of the frame rails, when you have the floor pans out and the rails are accessible.

Topcat

Inside rails, I  used Rust Bullet.

In Rockers, I used 3M Rustfighter.

Mopar5

Clean the inside channels  the best you can and  prime seal and paint. if they are not rusted out now kudos that they made it this long and if you clean them up they will make it another 50 years for the next person to deal with.

fireguyfire

It seems with the digging I've been doing that rust bullet isn't available in Canada

GoodysGotaCuda

3M Cavity Wax with the long wands.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Topcat

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on June 14, 2020, 06:12:52 AM
3M Cavity Wax with the long wands.

3M Rustfighter = https://raautocolor.com/home/6258-rust-fighter.html

Get it while you  can.
Looking like it's out of  stock in some places. Check Summit 1st.

gzig5

Dakota

I used Eastwood's frame coating on mine.   I still have the original floor and trunk pans in the car.   Make sure you cover every opening in the frame rail and above it because it mists everywhere.  I found it a little tough to tell if I was getting good overage.  I went through two cans, roughly one on each side.   It wasn't perfect coverage but better than nothing.   

soundcontrol

I used Eastwoods internal frame coating in the places where I could not open up. Rear frames under the trunk floor, where I had access, I sand blasted, and used 2K epoxy and a 2k black top coat. Pict. is inside the rockers (Eastwoods), I cleaned with a wirebrush I found that is for small chimney pipes, fit perfectly in there. I got good coverage with the long 360 nozzle, I actually used 2 of them attached to a steel rod so I could work it.. Checked after with a USB camera.