Main Menu

window pinch weld black out

Started by mopar jack, June 11, 2021, 07:33:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mopar jack

I know the pinch weld black out works well with black trim but what about white or red interior? I'm restoring my 71 road runner with a tan interior and orange paint. Any photos out there for this combo?

Mrbill426

I wonder about application too; where exactly. :clueless:

anlauto

I think he means windshield...I say YES to all colour combinations  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mrbill426

@anlauto  yes and I am wondering for sure where the blackout is applied.  Right now mine is about 4 inches up the post from the lower corners.

Quote from: anlauto on June 11, 2021, 09:01:44 AM
I think he means windshield...I say YES to all colour combinations  :alan2cents:

Mrbill426

As it is now.
Sorry did not mean to hijack a thread  :-[

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Mrbill426

@anlauto  Cool; probably not 4 inches but cool  :cooldance:
I read or heard somewhere that is was supposed to go all the way up but that made no sense since isn't it all hidden under molding anyway?

Quote from: anlauto on June 11, 2021, 09:34:11 AM
Yup that looks good  :twothumbsup:

anlauto

I like to go down the sides rather than up...Sometimes there's an annoying gap on the sides of the dash, especially with reproduction pads. :alan2cents:

Mrbill426

I will look at that today; might do it too..   :thankyou:

Quote from: anlauto on June 11, 2021, 09:43:19 AM
I like to go down the sides rather than up...Sometimes there's an annoying gap on the sides of the dash, especially with reproduction pads. :alan2cents:

mopar jack

Did my barracuda 25 years ago and did not black out the lower channel or A pillar and the trim does not cover all of it.

Burdar

No blackout there on my 73.  There was so much windshield adhesive applied in that area that you couldn't see any body color.  The A-pillar trim was glued in with that stuff...from the factory.

anlauto

Quote from: mopar jack on June 11, 2021, 10:44:42 AM
Did my barracuda 25 years ago and did not black out the lower channel or A pillar and the trim does not cover all of it.

Exactly :headbang:

headejm

I would follow Chrysler's drawing. I took the blackout all the way up the A pillar per this drawing. My car is FC7.

https://www.e-bodies.org/Resources/Engineering_Illustrations/Black_Out_Sill_Pillar.pdf

Mrbill426

That's interesting... interesting that the shaded area of the pillar in the drawing is on the outboard edge and not windshield edge.  :thinking:

Quote from: headejm on June 11, 2021, 12:27:23 PM
I would follow Chrysler's drawing. I took the blackout all the way up the A pillar per this drawing. My car is FC7.

https://www.e-bodies.org/Resources/Engineering_Illustrations/Black_Out_Sill_Pillar.pdf

anlauto

I know that area in the above drawing, on the outside like that is done on convertibles  :alan2cents: