Main Menu

Barrett Jackson 2018, anyone there?

Started by Cuda Cody, January 18, 2018, 03:05:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

rocketresto

Watching Russo live - 70 shaker cuda v code $57k.  As you can see from the tag it "has issues". 
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

Cuda Cody

Did you see the car in person?  Was there something wrong with it?

What's the story on the 70 Hemi Challenger (oragne) that just sold at BJ for $135K?

ToxicWolf

VCODE

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 20, 2018, 02:26:18 PM

What's the story on the 70 Hemi Challenger (oragne) that just sold at BJ for $135K?

Also what about lot 1401 Red Hemi Cuda $175?

ToxicWolf

Quote from: VCODE on January 20, 2018, 04:49:54 PM

Also what about lot 1401 Red Hemi Cuda $175?

Don't know the lot number but it was red with low mileage.

ToxicWolf

Last hemi Cuda built ... Blue ... Did not meet reserve at 430k

djw383

New Demon $140,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuda Cody

The couple Hemi E-Bodies that sold today seem a bit on the low side.  Both looked like really nice cars too.  New owners are probably very happy.

Jay Bee

What about the black 71 HEMI Challenger "Survivor". Did I miss it or hasn't it come up yet?

Cudajason

Quote from: Jay Bee on January 20, 2018, 07:19:59 PM
What about the black 71 HEMI Challenger "Survivor". Did I miss it or hasn't it come up yet?

Dont think is was televised. Was waiting for that one too.
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Jim AAR

Quote from: Jay Bee on January 20, 2018, 07:19:59 PM

It has but did not meet the Reserve Price, didn't sell.....

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1971-DODGE-CHALLENGER-213429

anlauto

...and that's exactly why Barrett-Jackson stop getting quality Mopars. 

When they were decided to have a strict "no reserve" policy, people stopped bringing quality cars there in fear of losing their shirts..... 

Now they are getting softer on that no reserve policy in hopes of getting more high end quality Mopars there, but it's too late, because the cars are coming back WITH a reserve and there's just no Mopar buyers in the building.....they're all down the street...of course there are flukes like the yellow T/A, but a 71 Hemicuda not being bid over $430K ....there's something wrong unless the car is really a pig....

Just my armchair opinion... :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Quote from: Jim AAR on January 20, 2018, 07:29:58 PM
It has but did not meet the Reserve Price, didn't sell.....
Thanks for the info.

rocketresto

On the Orange Hemi Challenger...

Looked like a good restoration, owner claimed it was a $250k resto by Blue Star Performance (think they have closed up shop).  Car was owned by a dealer in Airway Heights, WA.  Think that was a good deal for the car.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

rocketresto

The 6 Pack Cuda had lots of issues, fender tag riveted on was just scratching the surface. 
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington