Main Menu

Frankenmuth Michigan Car Show

Started by Spikedog08, September 05, 2019, 05:07:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Tomorrow I am headed to a street party of epic proportions!   There is this little Bavarian town here in Michigan and this show is amazing!  It is all weekend the the Friday night street party is the place to be!  At 4:00, they shut down the Main Street through this small town and at 5:00, there is a small parade of drag cars come down the street.  Once they get to where they are going, police allow all the show cars onto the street to park and then .  .  Mad house people!  Probably 2 miles long and every make and model.  One year we talked to some of the organizers and was told there was 29 bands that played every kind of music you can dream of!   This town is a tourist attraction and known as Christmas town USA.    Bronners the Christmas store is huge!   

http://www.frankenmuthautofest.net/

Show runs tomorrow Friday to Sunday.  Saturday the show is located in a park next to the river.  Very pretty setting!   Good times!

Friday
8am: Registration Opens. Schaefer & Bierlein Chrysler Dealership
8am: Heritage Park Opens. Spectators may enter at Main Gate only. Other gates open at 9:00 am.
8am: Lion's club pancake breakfast.
9am- 3pm: $50 Giveaway every 15 minutes.  Kroger Gas Cards will be given away
10am:  Craft Show behind the Historical Museum
5pm-10pm: Big Block Party on Main Street. Entertainment, Food, and over 2000 great rides.

Saturday
All Day: Vendors, food, and beverages
8am: Registration Opens. Schaefer & Bierlein Chrysler Dealership.
8am: Heritage Park Opens.  Spectators may enter.
8am: Lion's club pancake breakfast.
9am- 4pm: $50 Giveaway every 15 minutes.  Kroger Gas Cards will be given away
10am-6pm: Bounce House
10am-6pm: Live Animals
12pm-2pm: Face Painting
6pm- 11pm: Music Tent featuring Sound Alternative Band! Dancing, food, and beverages at the Pavilion in Heritage Park. Admission $10.00 per person.

Sunday
8am- 11am: Registration opens.
8am: Heritage Park Opens.  Spectators may enter.
8am: Lion's Club Pancake Breakfast
9am: Nondenominational Church Service.
Cruisers for Christ, in the Jaycee Pavilion at the northeast corner of Heritage Park
9am-1pm: $100 Giveaway every Hour. Must be present to win.
1pm: Award Ceremony.  Over 60 Germany steins will be awarded by category from fellow car enthusiasts. NOT JUDGED. Car jacket given to Top 25 picks.
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

blown motor

Was thinking of going this year but it didn't work out. I really want to go next year.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Spikedog08

So went to the street party on Friday night and it was packed as usual.  Saw many cool Mopars and probably 10 or 12 ebodies.  2 AARs, many challengers, a guy from Ontario with a grand coupe cuda convertible and a few others.  I heard reports that there was 100 thousand people at the show.  Definitely had fun!   :yes:

MEK-Dangerous

Dave,

I was in Frankenmuth the summer of 77 or 78. I remember that Christmas shop. Back then we didn't have Christmas shops that were running all year. So that stood out to me. I just remember having a great seafood dinner at the Bavarian Inn. 

This seems like a great little town to hold a car show. I wish I was I lived a little closer.

Cudajason

Wow, I had no idea it was a 3 day event.

Hey @BIGSHCLUNK this is town with the Christmas store that my wife was talking about.

Maybe we should organize a trip to the show next year!  My wife will organize a tip tot eh xmass store!!!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Spikedog08

@MEK-Dangerous yeah the town is really cute and with the car show all weekend, it’s an amazing show!  The river runs through the middle of the town and the park borders the banks which makes for a great setting.  But the Friday street party is the best. There were probably 20 bands in the 2 mile stretch of downtown . . . And even though we walked the whole street . . The cars we missed in the parking lots next to the street was huge!  Every parking lot was filled with cars that didn’t make it to the street . . Not enough time to see it all! 

For an all make show . . This is one of the best!   :yes:

BIGSHCLUNK

@Cudajason I remember the conversation! Looks like it would be a wild weekend  :banana:

Romi

I was there again, been going since 2002. This year was the first year the we staged for the block party but didnt make it to the street because it was too crowded. A little disapointing but it was fun anyway. This event is truly the best classic car event you will ever attend. Its not advertised much but theres also a cruise and party at the local McDonalds on Thursday.

blown motor

Quote from: Cudajason on September 09, 2019, 05:05:59 PM
Wow, I had no idea it was a 3 day event.

Hey @BIGSHCLUNK this is town with the Christmas store that my wife was talking about.

Maybe we should organize a trip to the show next year!  My wife will organize a tip tot eh xmass store!!!

Jason
Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on September 09, 2019, 09:23:05 PM
@Cudajason I remember the conversation! Looks like it would be a wild weekend  :banana:

@Cudajason @BIGSHCLUNK  Sounds like a great idea!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel