Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals Rosemont Illinois

Started by JH27N0B, July 27, 2017, 05:32:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

benlavigne

Quote from: anlauto on November 19, 2017, 08:38:27 AM
Are you saying Tim Welborn now owns the yellow 71 Sunroof Challenger ?

Yes, Patrick Krook was taking pics Friday night for the display, he told me Tim was taking delivery at the show... Wonder if he'll make it ''right''?

Ben

anlauto

Quote from: benlavigne on November 19, 2017, 01:10:00 PM

Yes, Patrick Krook was taking pics Friday night for the display, he told me Tim was taking delivery at the show... Wonder if he'll make it ''right''?

Ben

I hope so.....I'm surprised my customer Peter didn't buy it to go with all his other sunroof cars....

How did you enjoy the show Ben?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

Some cars that did not seem to be in other people's posts...
I posted more pics on FB, but I hate it when people ''like'' each and every picture, and you get 150 notifications...
I'd rather share here!

Ben

benlavigne

Some more...

Ben

B5Cuda440-6

Thanks for sharing all those pics! This show always has the best collection of muscle cars, and some of the most rare and good looking Mopars I've ever seen.

Wish I could have made it this year, especially with the Shaker feature collection...

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

bpsmopar

Quote from: anlauto on November 18, 2017, 07:03:56 AM
The owner of that yellow sunroof Challenger claims the "hood black-out" was always white ? :thinking: :yes:
I don't believe Chrysler had white "blackouts" available on the line. I have never seen white offered in any literature including the 71 dealers showroom trim & option selectors. The sheet on the car shows V21 & V6W. At best the selling dealer added it but sourcing it in 71 would have been tough.
If I were Tim I'd correct it. It would sharp in black.

anlauto

Well we know how eccentric the previous owner is @bpsmopar  :rofl:  We're you at the show ? Display any of your cars this year ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

bpsmopar

Quote from: anlauto on November 19, 2017, 05:40:31 PM
Well we know how eccentric the previous owner is @bpsmopar  :rofl:  We're you at the show ? Display any of your cars this year ?
Yes,yes & yes. I had my 71 GY3 Hemi GTX at the show. After 6.5 years it's done!

RzeroB

Quote from: benlavigne on November 19, 2017, 01:10:00 PM

Ben

Word was that Tim presented Pam with the car as a surprise "gift" (birthday? anniversary? idk).  :happybday:  Lucky girl!  :worship:

Even if the hood treatment is "wrong", it looks totally "right" on that car matching the white RT stripes, top and interior perfectly. It gives the car a really well coordinated look. It's a really great car with the GY3, white accents, sunroof, power windows, AC and the M28 wrap-around grill molding - my wife would even love it!!  :ohyeah:

Here's a couple more pics of "Pam's present" ...

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

JH27N0B

Your car was parked where my T/A was parked last year after a 16.5 year restoration!  :looney:
I'm pretty wiped out after 4 days there, but here is an album of my pictures from Thursday's set up day.
I took over 400 pictures over the course of the show, I still have a lot of work to do, but will post the rest of the show's pictures when I finish uploading them to Flickr!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/111914442@N04/albums/72157690792189016

RzeroB

Quote from: bpsmopar on November 19, 2017, 09:35:58 PM
Quote from: anlauto on November 19, 2017, 05:40:31 PM
Yes,yes & yes. I had my 71 GY3 Hemi GTX at the show. After 6.5 years it's done!

And it was freakin' AWESOME!! What a beautiful machine!! Sorry I missed you at the show Peter ... and sorry if I may have drooled on your fender!!  :drooling:  Here are some pics of Pete's Hemi GTX

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RzeroB

And then there was this jaw-dropper  :wowzers: ... Lou Rodriquez' Sassy-Grass-Green AAwesomeR  :drooling:  This beauty was a total stunner!!  :worship:

Cheers!
Tom

RzeroB

The actual car that paced the 1969 Indy 500 was there too  :stayinlane:  Very cool  8)

Before you all get up in arms about me posting up a Camaro on this site ... take a good look at the display placards ... this is a really great piece of American automotive history ... and it's owned by a couple of really cool people that I enjoyed meeting for the first time at the show - Wade and Aster Ogle.
Cheers!
Tom