Main Menu

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals Rosemont Illinois

Started by JH27N0B, July 27, 2017, 05:32:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

anlauto

Hemi GTX looks great Peter.....for some reason I thought it had a sunroof....I guess you can't have it all.... :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudagirl3406

Quote from: JH27N0B on November 19, 2017, 10:17:41 PM
Your car was parked where my T/A was parked last year after a 16.5 year restoration!  :looney:
I'm pretty wiped out after 4 days there, but here is an album of my pictures from Thursday's set up day.
I took over 400 pictures over the course of the show, I still have a lot of work to do, but will post the rest of the show's pictures when I finish uploading them to Flickr!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/111914442@N04/albums/72157690792189016

Thanks for the photos Lotta nice rides .
Do you know the story on the front end damage of that fury did it happen unloading ?

JH27N0B

Quote from: 73440 on November 20, 2017, 04:54:34 AM
Quote from: JH27N0B on November 19, 2017, 10:17:41 PM
Your car was parked where my T/A was parked last year after a 16.5 year restoration!  :looney:
I'm pretty wiped out after 4 days there, but here is an album of my pictures from Thursday's set up day.
I took over 400 pictures over the course of the show, I still have a lot of work to do, but will post the rest of the show's pictures when I finish uploading them to Flickr!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/111914442@N04/albums/72157690792189016

Thanks for the photos Lotta nice rides .
Do you know the story on the front end damage of that fury did it happen unloading ?
Oh no, not at all.  That car was smashed up ages ago.  The owner displays it like that.  It was in the barns find display at MCACN this year.  I'm pretty sure its the same car I saw at Mopars in the Park up in MN around 8 years ago, he parked it up against a telephone pole there so it looked like it just wrecked!   :))
The car runs and drives, I guess there is no point in trying to restore a modest value car like that so the owner just enjoys taking it to shows as a novelty.

Cuda Cody

Jim AAR

It is very nice, vinyl tops are not for me but it suits the Sassy Grass Green as that color is very bright and it adds definition to the car....

Glad mine isn't vinyl as it wouldn't look very good on my Jamaica Blue....

76orangewagon

Is it a new trend to display a custom guitar with your ride...I noticed over half a dozen or more at this show, I see the case for one under the back of the Sassy AAR.   :notsure:

JH27N0B

The guitars seem to be a new thing at MCACN.  A custom guitar maker built the guitars and they were placed by some of the cars, and they were for sale. They gave one away as a raffle prize.
Also several owners brought their own guitars to display by their cars.
I wonder if this trend will continue next year?  I'm planning to display my "refreshed" JH27N0B in Mopar Alley in 2018s show.  I have several Gibson Challenger guitars, so I thought I'd display one with my car at the show.  I wonder how many people will notice the Challenger name on the nut cover on this Gibson?  It's an obscure guitar, they only made them 2 or 3 years in the mid 80s.
I played guitar in that era and am a Gibson fan, bought a Les Paul in high school, and I never remembered seeing the Challenger.  I stumbled across some for sale on eBay 15 years ago while seeking Challenger parts, and decided I had to have one!
I'm going OT about guitars, but anyway guitars and muscle bikes are a side attraction at MCACN.

RzeroB

Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 20, 2017, 10:24:24 AM
That AAR is fantastic!!!   :inlove:   :lookatthat:

Yeah, it is!! I have a thing for GY3, FM3 and FJ6 cars  :worship:  and Lou's FJ6 AAR (and Pete's GY3 Hemi GTX which was near it) were an irresistible force that drew me right in from across the venue like a tractor-beam!!  :takealook:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RzeroB

Quote from: 76orangewagon on November 20, 2017, 03:47:34 PM
Is it a new trend to display a custom guitar with your ride...I noticed over half a dozen or more at this show, I see the case for one under the back of the Sassy AAR.   :notsure:

Seemed like it was part of a "theme" that they had running - 50th anniversary of the '67 cars and the "groovy" psychedelic music of that era perhaps??
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RzeroB

Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 18, 2017, 06:34:45 PM
Great photos!!!  What is your thoughts about this years show?  How's the quality of the cars and what did you like most?

Third time I've been there. The 2015 show with the 27(?) Hemi E-body 'verts was almost like a spiritual pilgrimage to the Holy land, but they all have been great and this years show was no exception. There are a lot of "restorers" at the show and they "showcase" their work by displaying some incredibly fine cars. In fact, IMO pretty much all of the cars, whether they are being showcased by a restorer, or simply displayed by the owners, are, or are near, top tier in their quality. It's a must see if you ask me. :alan2cents:
Cheers!
Tom

anlauto

Quote from: RzeroB on November 20, 2017, 06:57:40 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 18, 2017, 06:34:45 PM
Great photos!!!  What is your thoughts about this years show?  How's the quality of the cars and what did you like most?
. The 2015 show with the 27(?) Hemi E-body 'verts was almost like a spiritual pilgrimage to the Holy land,

This is the only reason I haven't gone back....2015 can never be topped :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

TheAutoArchaeologist

There may be one or two pictures in here.  Also tons of videos on instagram and my "The Auto Archaeologist" page.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/collections/72157689500769964/
Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

JH27N0B

Here's my last album of pictures of this years show.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/111914442@N04/albums/72157688761231171
Can't wait until 2018!  I'm planning to have my convertible in Mopar Alley next year, so that alone is worth making the trip, book your hotel room now!  :D
November 17 and 18, 2018.  Mark your calendars.   :woohoo: