Spring Fling 2017 Van Nuys, CA

Started by Cuda Cody, March 24, 2017, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: autoxcuda on April 10, 2017, 09:24:00 AM
Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on April 10, 2017, 09:17:58 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 10, 2017, 07:09:29 AM
Looks like another great swap!!!!   :banana:  Did @Blake@diyhemi.com  see those door panels?

sweet mother!! that is a great, repairable, driver quality set there! and a very fair price!

The trim pieces alone go for $200-$300

That set is missing the drivers side door (and inserts of course).

So what are the chances of finding a lone door to complete the set? I don't even know if they sold.

Ahah, with that door panel missing, it set value would drop to $150-$200 for the trim alone. I usually give $100 for the rear set of 4 and $100 for the front pair of inserts. Luckily I happen to have another bare drivers door piece that would make that a complete set.  :takemymoney:
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Cuda Cody

We've had that happen before with iPhones.  It seems they auto rotate while you're taking the photo, but it seems they always save the photo with only 1 way up.  Try taking 4 photos of something on the wall and rotate your phone each time.  Then post it and we'll see what happens?   :notsure:

I'm going to try it too....  stand by.

Quote from: autoxcuda on April 10, 2017, 09:37:05 AM
Cody, why do my iPhone pics show up here rotated?

In the past when I post pictures on other forums they will show rotated IF I've took the pics with the iPhone rotated for a landscape shot.

Sooooo, I specifically took my pictures with my iPhone straight up in portrait so that wouldn't happen.

soundcontrol

Weird, I use nothing but my iPhone for photos and it works without those problems.

Cuda Cody

@autoxcuda   Just testing some photos.  These were taken with a phone with all 4 different sides facing up.   Lets see what happens!!!   :lookatthat:

autoxcuda

I just started uploading those photos to my PC.
On my PC the photos are tilted like they show here. But when I posted those same photos on forabodiesonly.com they are straight up.

Ok. I just took these pics with the same phone as the others.

First pic is straight up. Others 3 are with me rotating the phone counter clockwise every 90 degrees.

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Cuda Cody

Maybe it might be a simple setting on the phone to change how it saves the photos?   :notsure: 

Quote from: autoxcuda on April 10, 2017, 12:29:51 PM
On my PC the photos are tilted like they show here. But when I posted those same photos on forabodiesonly.com they are straight up.

autoxcuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 10, 2017, 12:33:29 PM
Maybe it might be a simple setting on the phone to change how it saves the photos?   :notsure: 

Quote from: autoxcuda on April 10, 2017, 12:29:51 PM

Yea, I'm thinking phone deal. Especially since they come into my PC the same way. But odd it's not an issue with the other site.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

autoxcuda

From Spring Fling Cruise-In at Bob's Big Boy Northridge.

This 70 340 Cuda was a great survivor. Tried to take some reference restoration pictures of it. Took more on Sunday.

Note factory carpet cutout pattern on drivers footwell. You can lay and original carpet on a repro to get the pattern correct.

Note A/C components.

Owner had question about seat bottom pattern. Looks different than repro (other original cars) pattern. But has same texture, thickness feel, etc as original ???

71GranCoupe

Quote from: autoxcuda on April 10, 2017, 01:05:03 PM
From Spring Fling Cruise-In at Bob's Big Boy Northridge.

This 70 340 Cuda was a great survivor. Tried to take some reference restoration pictures of it. Took more on Sunday.

Who's 340 car? I think I met him on Saturday, and his name was Mike. Talked with him for a bit about the 340 car and his AAR. thanks.

Cuda Cody

Great photos!  I was just flipping them but I think you got them flipped.   :banana:  Super nice photos for reference!  Love those cars that we can all learn something from.   :bradsthumb:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

autoxcuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 10, 2017, 01:14:28 PM
Great photos!  I was just flipping them but I think you got them flipped.   :banana:  Super nice photos for reference!  Love those cars that we can all learn something from.   :bradsthumb:

On my Windows 10 File Manager set to view pictures preview, they show straight up. BUT when I open them in Microsoft Office 2010 Picture Manager, they are rotated like I showed here. So I fixed them in Pictures Manager and all is fixed to upload from my PC.

But that does help when I want to post something here directly from my IPhone.  :Thud: :headbang:

autoxcuda

Quote from: anlauto on April 10, 2017, 01:21:06 PM
No upper cowl black-out :huh:

Wow, just noticed that.

Check out the door sticker date/mo..... Late car.   :thinking:

Your thoughts?

When Barry and Dan talk about how SPD dates on fender tags are not very accurate and how Door stickers are more accurate, made me want to take pics of the door stick of these two cars (AAR pics to come).

Cuda Cody

Good catch!  Being late would explain it. 

I like the no grommet in the carpet on the hi / low beam switch.   Thanks for sharing these.  Awesome!

Quote from: autoxcuda on April 10, 2017, 01:28:07 PM
Quote from: anlauto on April 10, 2017, 01:21:06 PM
No upper cowl black-out :huh:

Wow, just noticed that.

Check out the door sticker date/mo..... Late car.   :thinking:

When Barry and Dan talk about how SPD dates on fender tags are not very accurate and how Door stickers are more accurate, made me want to take pics of the door stick of these two cars (AAR pics to come)

1 Wild R/T

If you need any photos or info about Mike's wifes 340 Cuda or Mike's AAR LMK.. The reason Mike's AAR made it was my car broke down so we towed it home & jumped in his AAR... Andria's car was coming down with me when mine quit.... Kinda funny I was bummed that mine quit but it worked out well cause otherwise the AAR was staying home....

BTW I sent Mike a link to the website, hopefully he'll be joining us......