Main Menu

Looking for a Hotel near the Carlisle event at a good price

Started by 71Cuda, July 01, 2018, 03:50:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71Cuda

Anyone have a deal on a room near by? are there any events not at the Carlisle event to attend?
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

anlauto

You can try the Mopar Nationals in Columbus Ohio in Aug, but Carlisle is by far the best Chrysler show on the planet :alan2cents:

The Motel 6 we stay at, 2 miles from the show usually has rooms....nothing fancy of course.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Lemontwist

If you're into history come this week and go to Gettysburg.  It's about 1/2 hr. away from Carlisle.  They have a Cival War reenactment starting on Friday that runs three days.  It's the 155th anniversary of the battle at Gettysburg.  IT IS A BUCKET LIST THING if you like history.  There are plenty of motel rooms along rte. 15 between Camp Hill and Mechanicsburg.
Drew

71Cuda

By non Carlisle events I meant parties at the same time....get togethers
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Chryco Psycho

There is scottish inns across the highway from the Hotel where we have been staying for years , rooms are around $65 / night
Scottish Inns New Cumberland
114 reviews
#7 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
Save
300 Commerce Dr, New Cumberland, PA 17070-2400
00 1 717-259-2937
Hotel website

ViperMan

Quote from: 71Cuda on July 01, 2018, 06:17:47 PM
By non Carlisle events I meant parties at the same time....get togethers

Hi 71Cuda!  So there are a few non-Carlisle-related events in town - the biggest is a pre-show event on Thursday night - I believe it's at the Carlisle Expo center.  If that's the same event I know of, it's been going on for YEARS and has gotten really big, but I've literally never gone because I'm always meeting up with club members that night.

As far as club-events go, a lot of people hang out in the parking lot of the Capital Inn hotel in New Cumberland, each night from Thursday to Saturday, off of Beacon Hill Blvd.  A lot of folks stay at that hotel (it's fairly cheap for the area) or at the Holiday Inn Express which is right across the street.  We socialize, laugh, do a fair amount of drinking, and @Spikedog08 and I amuse everyone by saying horrible sh!t about each other every night.  :)

Friday night anyone from the club is welcome to join us at Dodge City restaurant in Harrisburg.  The owner there has been great to us over the years, and loves it when we come to visit.  Make sure to add your vote to the headcount if you want to go: HERE!

Saturday at the fairgrounds we'll be providing lunch at no charge to anyone who swings by (until the food is gone at least!) at the club tent, which is located just about dead-center in the showfield area, about 5 rows behind the main stage that faces the grand stands.  Look for the banners on the tent and a ton of people always milling about!  Also add your name to the headcount for lunch if you'd like us to plan for you: HERE!!

Hope that helps!

tedsweet

i gave up on the old qualirt inn/capital when it switched over and they cancelled my reservations and wanted more when i called

Rockboyz

Hey Guys, never been to Carlisle. Thinking about heading there early Saturday morning. I know this is kind of last minute, but I'm looking for a room near by if possible for Saturday night. Also, some suggestions on any nicer local dining areas. Good steak or seafood place! Many thanks!

anlauto

Quote from: Rockboyz on July 08, 2018, 05:30:22 AM
Hey Guys, never been to Carlisle. Thinking about heading there early Saturday morning. I know this is kind of last minute, but I'm looking for a room near by if possible for Saturday night. Also, some suggestions on any nicer local dining areas. Good steak or seafood place! Many thanks!

I doubt you'll get a decent reservation now, but if you don't mind a bit of a gamble....I would drive down RT11 from the show....about two miles you'll find Motel6, Holiday INN, Best Western etc...etc... Just go door to door looking for a room, there's always cancellations, Saturday is usually the best night to find a room because a lot of people head home Saturday. The show is typically a ghost town Sunday... :alan2cents:

Bullitt-

Quote from: Rockboyz on July 08, 2018, 05:30:22 AM

@Rockboyz  I just searched Hotels.com & there's nothing affordable showing in the Carlisle/New Cumberland area however there seems to be some to the south around  Chambersburg, PA area, about 30-minutes away.
https://www.hotels.com/search.do?resolved-location=CITY%3A1528283%3AUNKNOWN%3AUNKNOWN&destination-id=1528283&q-destination=Shippensburg,%20Pennsylvania,%20United%20States%20of%20America&q-check-in=2018-07-14&q-check-out=2018-07-15&q-rooms=1&q-room-0-adults=2&q-room-0-children=0
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Rockboyz

Thanks Bullit, I may wait until Friday and see if there are any cancellations anywhere for Saturday.

Spikedog08

Also Saturday night we have a parking lot pizza party in the lot of the Capital Inn located in New Cumberland!  MEK has been flipping the bill for the pizzas the past few years and it is usually a good time and a lot of members show up!   Look forward to meeting you! 

:wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Spikedog08

Quote from: blown motor on July 09, 2018, 05:57:21 AM
@Spikedog08   Are you sure that isn't the Quality Inn?

Formally known as the Quality Inn . . . I’m staying there and it is now called the Capital Inn but same hotel that we have all met at in the past. 

https://www.expedia.com/Harrisburg-Hershey-Hotels-Capital-Inn-New-Cumberland.h19797618.Hotel-Information
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!