Main Menu

Update from Carlisle Events!

Started by Spikedog08, March 17, 2020, 01:13:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Fastmark

3 months with no one working or income. The world as we know it will be over. ALL BUSINESS will fail. I hope people can see this is not in our best interest. It won't matter be then how many died from this flu. I predict common sense will kick prevail in a couple of weeks and we can get back to a close to normal.  People are dieing every day from car wrecks. You don't see them banning  cars. People are getting over this flu that catch it. It is not %100 fatal. The media is not helping this panic.

js27

It is a hard call but I do not think this will spread like they say it will. The media is enticing most of this fear. Their predictions of 70% will be infected is nothing but a prediction. There are many predictions like asteroid hitting the earth--Super Volcanoes erupting--they are nothing but predictions until they come true. Here in the US  they closed schools-many business are closed--restaurants are only allowed to have pick up orders with no dining in. It will hit small business pretty hard and the people that live pay check to paycheck will suffer the most. My wife is the office manager in a dental office and they were going to stay open but the ADA (American Dental Association) basically told them to close. I understand the idea to isolate the people to stop the spread but it is going to hurt a lot of people. I am still working but going on vacation tomorrow for a week which I put in for in January. Not going anywhere but have a bunch of parts ordered and plan on working on my 67 Satellites interior if all my interior paint comes in.. I think there is a lot more going on here than just this virus..but that is another story.
Stay calm-Fear begets Fear.
Stay Safe and Stay Healthy
JS27

Cudajason

Quote from: js27 on March 19, 2020, 06:18:27 AM
It is a hard call but I do not think this will spread like they say it will. The media is enticing most of this fear. Their predictions of 70% will be infected is nothing but a prediction. There are many predictions like asteroid hitting the earth--Super Volcanoes erupting--they are nothing but predictions until they come true. Here in the US  they closed schools-many business are closed--restaurants are only allowed to have pick up orders with no dining in. It will hit small business pretty hard and the people that live pay check to paycheck will suffer the most. My wife is the office manager in a dental office and they were going to stay open but the ADA (American Dental Association) basically told them to close. I understand the idea to isolate the people to stop the spread but it is going to hurt a lot of people. I am still working but going on vacation tomorrow for a week which I put in for in January. Not going anywhere but have a bunch of parts ordered and plan on working on my 67 Satellites interior if all my interior paint comes in.. I think there is a lot more going on here than just this virus..but that is another story.
Stay calm-Fear begets Fear.
Stay Safe and Stay Healthy
JS27

If it does not spread to 70% of the population,  it will be because of the actions we are taking now.

I am lucky that I can work from home (it sucks but I can do it), so it business as usual for me.

I can see this having far and wide economic affects.  I admit I am concerned that the financial impact will affect my promotion.

But the effects of this virus running quickly through the population is equally or maybe more devastating.  If this over runs our health care system and people die needlessly, that is a far worse fate the having to socially distance ourselves or isolate ourselves for a few weeks. 

Maybe if I wasn't able to work, I would see it differently, I certainly do not have the financial means to go a long period of time with no income, but I think I would still understand the need to do what we are doing.

At this point its fingers crossed things will get back to normal a quickly as possible.

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

captcolour

Lots of open weekends in September.  Wonder how attendance would be with the larger shows like Chrysler then.

mopartaz

Probably would be better attendance, especially if its in September and its not 100 degrees out.

7E-Bodies

@js27 You nail it when you say "I think there is a lot more going on here than just this virus..but that is another story." I truly believe there's a backfield in motion while most dine from the hand of a controlled media. So much to say on this, but I'll zip it. It's just good to finally see a subtle comment on this. Right now I have reservations made and paid for Carlisle, but it's become the least of my concerns.

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

cuda hunter

I read on another forum that the rapid transit system is going to be at this years carlisle! 
The guy that is heading up the display is asking for anyone who has a car that is based on the Rapid Transit system to contact him so they can possibly be in the display!

The rapid transit system was my first love of mopars really.  I was just enthralled by the custom upgrades! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Any updates from people living in Pennsylvania about current restrictions being lifted ? We're only 71 days away right now.  Is your area starting to reopen parks and stuff yet ? Their first show is supposed to be in 5 weeks ...the Ford Nationals  :dunno:

We still have no end in sight around here....Our Government isn't willing to commit to area dates yet  :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

benlavigne

Quote from: cuda hunter on April 10, 2020, 07:44:09 AM
I read on another forum that the rapid transit system is going to be at this years carlisle! 
The guy that is heading up the display is asking for anyone who has a car that is based on the Rapid Transit system to contact him so they can possibly be in the display!

The rapid transit system was my first love of mopars really.  I was just enthralled by the custom upgrades!

I think this is what Ed is trying to re-create, the RTS ad, not the Caravan...

Ben

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on April 29, 2020, 11:07:42 AM
We still have no end in sight around here....Our Government isn't willing to commit to area dates yet  :pullinghair:
Well, campgrounds other than Provincial parks are set to open May 13th.   :banana:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

blown motor

Just in time for the long weekend.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

benlavigne

From Facebook:
From Ed Buczeskie

The Carlisle Chrysler Nationals is NOT cancelled!! I was alerted tonight that there is another rumor going around and I want to clear things up. Here are some FACTS:

Nobody knows what is going to happen with this virus. As an event promoter, we are expected to predict the future. We can't! But we at least have to have a solid plan and be ready to change. We have already changed some shows. If you look at those changes, you'll see that we are changing them in the order in which they occur. Spring Carlisle got moved and so did our Import show. Those were the first 2 shows on our original schedule. Ford is next, scheduled for June 5-7, then it's our rescheduled Spring, then Chevy and THEN Chrysler. If Ford, Spring and Chevy aren't canceled (which they are NOT), why would we jump to Chrysler and cancel it, or even move it, at this point if we haven't moved the 3 shows before it??

Can the above change? Sure! And IF it does, here is the process and timeline: If we feel that we won't be able to have a show safely or the governor isn't allowing events on the date of an event and we have no choice but to reschedule, we look for alternate available dates. Once we find the best available date and we're SURE we need to reschedule, we get the team together to plan our official announcement. We pick the date and EXACT time that the announcement will be made via Facebook, our website and emails to that show's database. So far when we've done this, it all occurs in about 1-2 days.

For the best and most current information, just go to our website (www.CarlisleEvents.com) or the show's Facebook page. Whatever you see there is current! If you hear a rumor that one of our shows is canceled or rescheduled, don't call or message us (or me), just check either of the above sources.

I hope this helps and I'm planning to see everyone July 10-12 😁

Ben

anlauto

Ed seems optimistic, and the States are already lifting restrictions, so hopefully the show will go on :fingerscrossed:

By the tone of that message....he's probably getting buried in emails and messages of people unsure what the heck is going on... :bricks:

RUNCHARGER

I see his logic. He'll leave what he can and not touch it. If he has to cancel some of the early ones, then he'll leapfrog them and put them on the back end and not upset the ones in front. That is the best way to do it.
Sheldon