Main Menu

Update from Carlisle Events!

Started by Spikedog08, March 17, 2020, 01:13:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Question for us up here is what will happen with the border ...? When/if will it open?  What restrictions?

dodj

I imagine it will be a pretty empty show if it is held on original dates. It will take time for people to feel confident to gather in large numbers again. Some of course won't care, but most people will need time.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on April 30, 2020, 12:54:33 PM
Question for us up here is what will happen with the border ...? When/if will it open?  What restrictions?

Our borders are closed until at least June right now ? I don't see that changing any time soon....Saying today on the news that they want to close borders to Manitoba and Quebec now as well  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mccannix

QuoteOur borders are closed until at least June right now ? I don't see that changing any time soon....Saying today on the news that they want to close borders to Manitoba and Quebec now as well  :dunno:
That marshmellow we have running the show in Ottawa should have made that stipulation the same day Quebec put police checkpoints in place for traffic entering Quebec from Ontario to the west and from the eastern provinces.
Open season on Ontario

blown motor

Where are you getting June @anlauto ? Or is that just roughly speaking? The last extension runs out May 21 unless they extend it again.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on May 01, 2020, 02:39:06 PM
Where are you getting June @anlauto ? Or is that just roughly speaking? The last extension runs out May 21 unless they extend it again.

I thought it was the 31st, but you could be right...either way I hope they extend it further to be safe.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

screamindriver

Today the governor announced certain counties are going from "stay at home" to eased restrictions..Unfortunately none of the counties are in this area..The "eased restrictions" state no more than 25 people gatherings...I'm not sure how all this will play out..Even if a few weeks from now they classify our area for the eased restrictions it still won't allow for the shows to happen..

dodj

Quote from: mccannix on April 30, 2020, 04:24:08 PM
That marshmellow we have running the show in Ottawa
That's some pretty harsh language there mccannix
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

jimynick

Quote from: dodj on May 01, 2020, 07:21:17 PM
What, about the guy who's wife has and gives Covid to a few people and not him? That's why he stayed home for 2 and then 2 more weeks rather than admit he had it too. That's why your local barber is going out of business because he can't go out, yet Justin and his family can go to his cottage, in a different province; you know, the one who stationed police at their border to keep you and I out of Quebec, but not Trudeau? I'm hoping you were just pulling his leg here.
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

dodj

Quote from: jimynick on May 01, 2020, 07:38:58 PM
What, about the guy who's wife has and gives Covid to a few people and not him? That's why he stayed home for 2 and then 2 more weeks rather than admit he had it too. That's why your local barber is going out of business because he can't go out, yet Justin and his family can go to his cottage, in a different province; you know, the one who stationed police at their border to keep you and I out of Quebec, but not Trudeau? I'm hoping you were just pulling his leg here.
Yes Ian...a lot of sarcasm there. The words I would use for Trudope are unfit for this forum. Especially after today.
:drinkingbud:

cuda hunter

Quote from: dodj on May 01, 2020, 07:51:49 PM
Quote from: jimynick on May 01, 2020, 07:38:58 PM
Yes Ian...a lot of sarcasm there. The words I would use for Trudope are unfit for this forum. Especially after today.
:drinkingbud:

Especially after today !!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Well...new dates have been announced for the Ford show, I guess that's a good sign that shows won't be cancelled....Can't imagine the scramble to change hotels...hopefully less people decide to go and everybody else just stays at their same hotel...then it shouldn't be too bad

https://www.carlisleevents.com/docs/default-source/event-schedule-pdf/event-schedule63fed8f0ce944705bcf9e6758b786fea.pdf

I hope Ford guys like the heat  :pullinghair:

blown motor

It would seem like Chrysler Nationals will go ahead seeing that they have three events in June.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Jay Bee

FWIW, I'm no longer going even if it's still on.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Brads70 on March 19, 2020, 03:24:03 AM
My thoughts were.....  I have about 3-4 months of income saved up in cash . Kinda the way I roll, I hear most people don't . If I'm not able to work because of lockdown or sickness ( we are a family of 5, chances are pretty good at least one of us will get sick?), then after not working for 3-4 months , that kinda eats up the money I have saved up for a rainy day never mind extra's like entertainment.   I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this reality.  :alan2cents:

I'm not freaking out about this new reality, just trying to be realistic.....

Yup... I cancelled my reservations... Was looking forward to finally making it to Carlisle after all these years but unfortunately this just isn't gonna be the year....