Main Menu

Update from Carlisle Events!

Started by Spikedog08, March 17, 2020, 01:13:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Their web site says everything is still ago....I just wonder how close they'll wait before postponing it again (Spring Swap)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

69BFan

I heard from a larger vendor that has been doing Spring and Fall Carlisle for over 30 years and they have decided to stay at home this year.  The problem that we all have is, that whether your bringing down just a couple of parts or huge assortment, you have to plan accordingly.  That is the reason that I know of two larger vendors who have decided to not attend the Mopar show. 

I know that the event has been scheduled for a specific date and that everyone knows that date.  But I really hope that a decision is made in the very near future to possible reschedule at a later date.  Whether your coming as a spectator, bringing a car to show or sell, or bringing parts, we all have to put things into place to pull things off.

We actually start planning in late February for the Carlisle event.  This means ordering and building inventory for ourselves and wholesale accounts.  By this time in the year, most of our inventory has been checked and our orders have been submitted.  We cannot wait until the week prior to put things in place.

I feel sorry for anyone who is scheduled to be attending the Spring show.  Are you going to ask them to load out and then at the last minute change things up??  I know that the preparation for Carlisle Events staff is huge for the various events, but some consideration needs to be taken into consideration for their customers. 

I have actually heard from two customers who have been contacted from their lodging accommodations, that there reservations have been cancelled.  So they are not coming.  Another one always flies in, but has decided to stay at home.  Personally, I feel that the event if it does go on, attendance will be down by 30% or more.  I believe that the majority of those who will be attending, will be those who can drive in and then go back home.  They will make it a one day event.

If you read the Carlisle Events Covid fact sheet, I can see confined areas like Building T and Y not happening, seminars cancelled, etc.  Are they going to ask the vendors to leave at least 6 feet between our aisles in our swap spaces.  We need to know these things prior to putting our final plans in place.  We will be there in July or whenever the rescheduled date may be.  But I really hope that we are not dragging this out until say July 1st and they say that it has been rescheduled.  That will only hurt the attendance even more!
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

ply64post

Quote from: 69BFan on June 01, 2020, 09:12:43 PM
I heard from a larger vendor that has been doing Spring and Fall Carlisle for over 30 years and they have decided to stay at home this year.  The problem that we all have is, that whether your bringing down just a couple of parts or huge assortment, you have to plan accordingly.  That is the reason that I know of two larger vendors who have decided to not attend the Mopar show. 

I know that the event has been scheduled for a specific date and that everyone knows that date.  But I really hope that a decision is made in the very near future to possible reschedule at a later date.  Whether your coming as a spectator, bringing a car to show or sell, or bringing parts, we all have to put things into place to pull things off.

We actually start planning in late February for the Carlisle event.  This means ordering and building inventory for ourselves and wholesale accounts.  By this time in the year, most of our inventory has been checked and our orders have been submitted.  We cannot wait until the week prior to put things in place.

I feel sorry for anyone who is scheduled to be attending the Spring show.  Are you going to ask them to load out and then at the last minute change things up??  I know that the preparation for Carlisle Events staff is huge for the various events, but some consideration needs to be taken into consideration for their customers. 

I have actually heard from two customers who have been contacted from their lodging accommodations, that there reservations have been cancelled.  So they are not coming.  Another one always flies in, but has decided to stay at home.  Personally, I feel that the event if it does go on, attendance will be down by 30% or more.  I believe that the majority of those who will be attending, will be those who can drive in and then go back home.  They will make it a one day event.

If you read the Carlisle Events Covid fact sheet, I can see confined areas like Building T and Y not happening, seminars cancelled, etc.  Are they going to ask the vendors to leave at least 6 feet between our aisles in our swap spaces.  We need to know these things prior to putting our final plans in place.  We will be there in July or whenever the rescheduled date may be.  But I really hope that we are not dragging this out until say July 1st and they say that it has been rescheduled.  That will only hurt the attendance even more!

I couldn't agree more, I  have been a vendor for every Mopar Carlisle that they have had and before. This years show I would not want to miss because of the 50th anniversary for E/Bodies and the Superbirds but to me it isn't worth my health.I am 71 years old and would like to be able to attend more shows in the future.There are people from most all the States,Canada, and other countries that attend the show for good reason, it is the best Mopar show I know of. My vendor spots have been paid for since last October,I prefer not to loose my money but I will if need be.Hershey has already cancelled there show also.

anlauto

I paid for my vending spots last July on my way out....I wonder if there is any type of date change or cancellation if they will at least work with us as far as a credit for 2021 maybe ?

I understand if the date remains and "I" chose not to go I'll likely be SOL :'(  although that is pretty nasty after having the same spots for 25+years...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

cuda hunter

pretty small price to pay to keep your spot for the following year.  What are they like 90 bucks each spot? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I'm in it for $346.58 CDN whether I go or not.  :dunno:

cuda hunter

But that's worth it to keep your spot for 2021 isn't it? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

If the show was CANCELLED or the date was changed and I couldn't make the new date, I would like to see that money PAY for 2021 is what I'm saying....

If the show goes on the regular date but I Choose not to go then they money is wasted..

mccannix

Not according to one Carlisle Productions employee.
A friend who takes a car every year called a couple days ago and mentioned the border being closed issue and that he didn't feel safe going even if the border did open.
She informed him that his spots payment would be put toward 2021 no problem.
But you must inform them of your intentions.
I cant see it being any different if you have a car spot or vendor spot.

anlauto

Quote from: mccannix on June 02, 2020, 06:02:19 PM
Not according to one Carlisle Productions employee.
A friend who takes a car every year called a couple days ago and mentioned the border being closed issue and that he didn't feel safe going even if the border did open.
She informed him that his spots payment would be put toward 2021 no problem.
But you must inform them of your intentions.
I cant see it being any different if you have a car spot or vendor spot.

HEY...that's great news Terry, thanks for posting that ! What are your plans this year ?

mccannix

I'm still in the undecided crowd.

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cuda hunter

Spikedog08

If the show continues as planned . . Be there.  Just secured our tent!  Mopar party!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 02, 2020, 09:56:44 PM
If the show continues as planned . . Be there.  Just secured our tent!  Mopar party!   :bigthumb:

Well, at least I know there will be 3 of us there.    :clapping: