hot_post in Update from Carlisle Events!  in Carlisle (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS) Author Topic: Update from Carlisle Events!  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Fastmark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Small Block
  • Credits: 1980
    • Share Post
xx in Update from Carlisle Events!  in Carlisle (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
Re: Update from Carlisle Events!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2020, 05:23:13 AM »
3 months with no one working or income. The world as we know it will be over. ALL BUSINESS will fail. I hope people can see this is not in our best interest. It wonít matter be then how many died from this flu. I predict common sense will kick prevail in a couple of weeks and we can get back to a close to normal.  People are dieing every day from car wrecks. You donít see them banning  cars. People are getting over this flu that catch it. It is not %100 fatal. The media is not helping this panic.

Offline js27

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Six Pack
  • index in Update from Carlisle Events!  in Carlisle (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
  • Credits: 8200
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2020, 06:18:27 AM »
It is a hard call but I do not think this will spread like they say it will. The media is enticing most of this fear. Their predictions of 70% will be infected is nothing but a prediction. There are many predictions like asteroid hitting the earth--Super Volcanoes erupting--they are nothing but predictions until they come true. Here in the US  they closed schools-many business are closed--restaurants are only allowed to have pick up orders with no dining in. It will hit small business pretty hard and the people that live pay check to paycheck will suffer the most. My wife is the office manager in a dental office and they were going to stay open but the ADA (American Dental Association) basically told them to close. I understand the idea to isolate the people to stop the spread but it is going to hurt a lot of people. I am still working but going on vacation tomorrow for a week which I put in for in January. Not going anywhere but have a bunch of parts ordered and plan on working on my 67 Satellites interior if all my interior paint comes in.. I think there is a lot more going on here than just this virus..but that is another story.
Stay calm-Fear begets Fear.
Stay Safe and Stay Healthy
JS27

Online Cudajason

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Six Pack
  • Credits: 4930
  • Hey....
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2020, 08:06:48 AM »
It is a hard call but I do not think this will spread like they say it will. The media is enticing most of this fear. Their predictions of 70% will be infected is nothing but a prediction. There are many predictions like asteroid hitting the earth--Super Volcanoes erupting--they are nothing but predictions until they come true. Here in the US  they closed schools-many business are closed--restaurants are only allowed to have pick up orders with no dining in. It will hit small business pretty hard and the people that live pay check to paycheck will suffer the most. My wife is the office manager in a dental office and they were going to stay open but the ADA (American Dental Association) basically told them to close. I understand the idea to isolate the people to stop the spread but it is going to hurt a lot of people. I am still working but going on vacation tomorrow for a week which I put in for in January. Not going anywhere but have a bunch of parts ordered and plan on working on my 67 Satellites interior if all my interior paint comes in.. I think there is a lot more going on here than just this virus..but that is another story.
Stay calm-Fear begets Fear.
Stay Safe and Stay Healthy
JS27

If it does not spread to 70% of the population,  it will be because of the actions we are taking now.

I am lucky that I can work from home (it sucks but I can do it), so it business as usual for me.

I can see this having far and wide economic affects.  I admit I am concerned that the financial impact will affect my promotion.

But the effects of this virus running quickly through the population is equally or maybe more devastating.  If this over runs our health care system and people die needlessly, that is a far worse fate the having to socially distance ourselves or isolate ourselves for a few weeks. 

Maybe if I wasn't able to work, I would see it differently, I certainly do not have the financial means to go a long period of time with no income, but I think I would still understand the need to do what we are doing.

At this point its fingers crossed things will get back to normal a quickly as possible.

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360/727.  Yes its pink, not its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

proxy in Update from Carlisle Events!  in Carlisle (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)

E-Bodies Cuda Challenger Message Forum

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2020, 08:06:48 AM »

Online anlauto

• Trade Count: (9)
  • E-Body Wizard
  • Credits: 33390
  • Life is like a box of chocolates....
    • Share Post
    • www_sm in Update from Carlisle Events!  in Carlisle (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Offline captcolour

• Leaning Tower of Power
  • Credits: 1330
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2020, 06:47:55 AM »
Lots of open weekends in September.  Wonder how attendance would be with the larger shows like Chrysler then.

Offline mopartaz

• Big Block
  • Credits: 1280
    • Share Post
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2020, 08:50:12 AM »
Probably would be better attendance, especially if its in September and its not 100 degrees out.

E-Bodies Cuda Challenger Message Forum

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2020, 08:50:12 AM »

Tags:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter Share via whatsapp

xx
1799 Photos taken by the Carlisle Events Staff

Started by 1 Wild R/T

19 Replies
Last post July 21, 2019, 12:03:20 PM
by 6bblgt
clip
Re: Normandy "D-Day" Pictures & Events (2018 - 2019) Update 6/02

Started by Husk Challenger

40 Replies
Last post June 17, 2019, 01:43:59 PM
by HP_Cuda
xx
I'm going to Carlisle LQQKING FOR....(update)

Started by anlauto

31 Replies
Last post July 07, 2018, 02:49:19 PM
by fc7cuda
xx
Sad Turn of Events

Started by anlauto

20 Replies
Last post October 16, 2018, 06:53:54 AM
by Burdar
xx
2019 special events