Main Menu

thoughts on this 70 cuda

Started by EBODYBEAR, August 04, 2020, 03:54:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Matt M

If the tag is fake (which it is) and there is no BS you really do not know what you are buying.
I would pass and wait for another car.
One will show up for you.

6bblgt

Quote from: EBODYBEAR on August 05, 2020, 12:48:15 PM
The seller claims that the reproduction tag would match the original one if it still existed... how can that be verified and how can you even tell if it is a true v-code if it doesnt match? Probably a stupid question but im still new to restoring cars... any help appreciated.

the VIN: BS23V0B tells us it is a "V"-code 440+6 'cuda hardtop

I deleted my reply to this - lets try it again

what happened to the original fender tag if this is a match?  :clueless:

I see a reproduction SHAKER bubble & what appears to be a "flat hood to SHAKER conversion" - any evidence/documentation of the SHAKER hood being original on this 'cuda?
from the limited pictures - it appears there are no nut-inserts for the mirror on the passenger door, was it replaced?

hanksemenec

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 05, 2020, 07:26:10 AM
$60k CDN is closer to $44k ish US. Contrary to popular belief B.C. doesn't have salted roads 12 months of the year, there are lots of nice, rust free cars here. This car rings a bell but I can't say as I know anything about it. The fake tag is a shame as the car looks to be a decent project. Probably the shaker was added but who knows.

I lived in Kamloops and lower mainland, I have not seen a rust free car yet in BC. I had fiends hunting cars in California and south west and bringing them back.