Main Menu

Retro thoughts

Started by Plumcrazzy, September 06, 2019, 05:37:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Plumcrazzy

Was digging through some old boxes of car parts from decades ago and ran across a few things that got me remembering decades gone past regarding quirky accessories for our cars such as:

Porta Walls
Curb Feelers
The prism that attached to the dash that allowed you to see the traffic light if you were running a visor.
The weighted mount that laid across the transmission tunnel to hold your 8-track player
Reverb for your speaker system
Blue dots for your tail lights

I am sure you guys can remember a lot of other stuff so let's hear what you got!! 

Brads70

I never owned one  but, the big yellow Accel super coil stands out as a 80's thing.

jimynick

Thrush mufflers and side pipes- commonly known as leg burners. Sex lights- you know, those little purple clearance lights they used to mount under the dash.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Dakota

Chryco Psycho

Triangle foam air filters
Pagers

anlauto

How about those chrome/black "feet" you could put on your gas pedal plus the little one on your dimmer switch  8)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: anlauto on September 06, 2019, 07:35:29 PM
How about those chrome/black "feet" you could put on your gas pedal plus the little one on your dimmer switch  8)

:rofl:
I had those on my 1965 Dodge Coronet and then these on my 1972 'Cuda back-in-the-day

dodj

Quote from: Brads70 on September 06, 2019, 06:31:26 PM
I never owned one  but, the big yellow Accel super coil stands out as a 80's thing.
I got one I could give you for the Jav? Probably look right at home.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Quote from: dodj on September 07, 2019, 05:07:09 AM
Quote from: Brads70 on September 06, 2019, 06:31:26 PM
I got one I could give you for the Jav? Probably look right at home.

:))  Thanks but no thanks.

blown motor

Quote from: jimynick on September 06, 2019, 06:53:20 PM
Thrush mufflers and side pipes- commonly known as leg burners. Sex lights- you know, those little purple clearance lights they used to mount under the dash.  :cheers:

Did it help @jimynick ?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Cheap tacky fog lights are another one that comes to mind. Also CB radio's
:-[ I was guilty of both of these....

7212Mopar

Sun tachometer, must have back in the days.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

RUNCHARGER

Eh: I usually filled up the garbage can with that sort of stuff when I bought a car. The worst one was peeling the angel fur off my 67 GTX interior when I bought it in 1976. I still remember scraping my fingernails off while scraping off the contact cement from the interior hard panels and headliner.
Sheldon

js27

A few from my 70's stash. Shock extensions to get the butt as high as you can. Cragar spinners-Black Velvet Hurst Handle.
JS27

Chryco Psycho

The velvet T handle was actually helpful in colder climates !!