Main Menu

thoughts on this 70 cuda

Started by EBODYBEAR, August 04, 2020, 03:54:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

EBODYBEAR

Hi everyone, i've been searching for a long while now for a 70 cuda 440 car.. just wanted to know everyones thoughts on this car. cheers! thanks

headejm

Thinking out loud:

1970 V-code, 4 speed...Awesome!
Do you know anything about it?
Is it real?
The fender tag looks like a reproduction. Is there a broadcast sheet?
Is the price 60k CAD? That's a decent price in USD.
Looks like a lot of body/paint and interior work is needed. Big $$$.
If it's real and after you check it out thoroughly, place a value on the finished car and estimate the body/paint $. If the numbers work out for you, Go for it!

6bblgt

FAKE tag with ERRORS - any documentation?   :rubeyes:  I WAS NOT SEEING THINGS CLEARLY

I read "CA car"
& thought there was a "N95" to support that claim

non-original tag - any documentation?

cudamadd

Has it  still got its Dana 60 ?  And is it  all there and complete and matching numbers ?  etc etc   :australia:

hanksemenec

British Columbia for 15 or more years and no rust?

cudamadd

EB5  v-code cuda with some nice options just sold on eBay for $75k  running car etc .  If it is for sale at $60k  does it make sense to buy this car ?  FYI  is a nice colour that being said if the new owner could do most of the work him self it would be nice to have . If money is not an issue and one can not afford a hemi car .And this is the next best thing why not . Man I know if I lived in B.C  I would sell my little 340 cuda to buy that .Well I think I would

xx88man

Quote from: hanksemenec on August 04, 2020, 10:38:19 PM
British Columbia for 15 or more years and no rust?

What part of B.C. is it in? There are members in BC that would likely check the car out for you if needed..... including myself
Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

$60k CDN is closer to $44k ish US. Contrary to popular belief B.C. doesn't have salted roads 12 months of the year, there are lots of nice, rust free cars here. This car rings a bell but I can't say as I know anything about it. The fake tag is a shame as the car looks to be a decent project. Probably the shaker was added but who knows.
Sheldon

Shoooter

I'm in the interior of Bc along with other members across the province  who could help. I know sheldon is up around heren now and is a wealth of knowledge. 

I just talked briefly with a guy who has a 70 cuda 440+6 in bc as well. It was a B5 blue ex drag car though.

EBODYBEAR

The seller claims that the reproduction tag would match the original one if it still existed... how can that be verified and how can you even tell if it is a true v-code if it doesnt match? Probably a stupid question but im still new to restoring cars... any help appreciated.

JS29

@Shoooter  The fifth digit in the VIN would be a V, BS23V0.  :alan2cents:

Shoooter

Quote from: JS29 on August 05, 2020, 02:56:53 PM
@Shoooter  The fifth digit in the VIN would be a V, BS23V0.  :alan2cents:

Yes I know, it was a bs23v code car. Also  there was a bs23U one aswell.  Both the same guy

JS29

@Shoooter  the V code is the 6/barrel U code is a 440/4Barrel.  :alan2cents:

Shoooter

I've seen the U code cuda I'm talking about and it's not this car the OP enquired about. The V vode one was talking about I haven't see. But it appears to be different.
@JS29 my apology if I referred to them wrong but incant see where I did unless I'm totally missing something which is possible.  I was saying I know of a V code and  U code here in bc . Not sure how many projects are available here in BC so they could be linked

Skdmark

Quote from: EBODYBEAR on August 05, 2020, 12:48:15 PM
The seller claims that the reproduction tag would match the original one if it still existed... how can that be verified and how can you even tell if it is a true v-code if it doesnt match? Probably a stupid question but im still new to restoring cars... any help appreciated.

Short of having the original fender tag, a broadcast sheet would be the only other way to verify the fender tag's content.
Attached is copy of the broadcast sheet from my Barracuda.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: